Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Prior to applying as a contributor for the new Symzio engine, we strongly recommend you get your collections in order. We are going to mention some of the most important criteria here:

1) Remove all duplicate entries.

2) Tag all editorial media accordingly.

3) Ensure that you have model and/or property releases for any content you intend to license through Symzio.

4) Exclude any obscene or non-general-audience media from inclusion within Symzio.

5) Ensure that your keywords are accurate and non-spammy. Do not include irrelevant keywords with your media.

If you are unsure about any media in your collection, edit it and uncheck the Symzio checkbox so that it is excluded from inclusion within the engine. You can enable that later and we will automatically pick it up.

The above 5 QC requests are zero-tolerance rules. As we are not going to be manually checking any of your images prior to inclusion, you have to operate as your own reviewer. This is the first big change from working with large agencies; you have to take responsibility for your own media, but as a result you retain full control of it.

These, along with the other terms of use that we will be releasing with Symzio, are crucial for the integrity of the contributor driven Symzio engine and so that no one contributor gains unfair advantage over another.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

To assist with getting your collection ready, we’re releasing Symbiostock 2.0.9 which adds quick and bulk editing for the inclusion/exclusion of media with Symzio.

We are also adding a setting in your Symbiostock > Symzio settings page which allows you to default enable/disable Symzio inclusion on new files.

We recommend that you place it upon yourself to keep this setting disabled to encourage double checking all media that you submit to Symzio to minimize the chances of it slipping through without being sufficiently QC checked.

Note: If you requested custom work from us and have custom hooks enabled on your Symbiostock install, those hooks ‘may’ not be re-integrated until we release Symbiostock 2.1. Therefore, it is recommended you not upgrade to 2.0.9 prior to checking with us.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Robin

I noticed that the Symbiostock update on my site has just updated me to 2.0.8. Is that a timing issue and the next time I go and check the latest one will be there?

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steve,

The 2.0.9 update is not an ‘official’ one because it is just released so that people can quickly organize their collections for Symzio prior to it being launched. As a result you have to download it from the link provided to update your current install – as far as I know, you can’t update it automatically through wordpress even though it is released on wordpress.

The reason I have done it like this is a lot of people have some custom hooks added to their install that has already been added to 2.1, but not to 2.0.9, and I don’t want to break their sites if they update to 2.0.9.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Robin

I upgraded to 2.0.8, but didn’t check the site. Just now, I see that the admin page (when I try Symbiostock) and my public site is not accessible. I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_plugin_active() in /home/backya28/public_html/bsp/wp-content/themes/symbiostock-express/lib/post-types.php on line 3

I updated wordpress to the latest release as well, this morning.

Thoughts?

Steve

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Phew – anxious few minutes. I was about to update the Symbiostock plugin manually and clicked on “deactivate” under Symbiostock. I think that caused my issues as every page gave me the error after that. To fix it, I did the following:

1. FTP to the site and replace the Symbiostock folder with the one I was trying to upgrade to.

2. Change the name of the Symbiostock-express theme (by adding “1”). This forces the site to revert to a default theme. At this stage, my admin site started working

3. Then I changed the Symbiostock Express theme back to its correct name and activated it as my theme.

4. Finally, I saw the Symbiostock plugin was not active and I activated that. Think I am OK now, but not at all sure why this happened.

Steve

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I’m hogging this thread today.

I saw that I could select a page worth of images and select the choice “sell on symzio”. However, I have 5800 images and that will take some time. Is there a way to do a broader selection. I have confirmed that I am complying with your QC requirements.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steve,

Glad you got that other stuff figured out – these things sometimes happen and enabling/disabling stuff often fixes it.

Right now, the way WordPress works, there is no easy way to do more of them – the one thing you can do is change the amount of listings that show up in each admin edit screen. In the top right corner you can click on the screen options tab and increase the number of items to show. That can reduce the amount of pages you need to bulk edit.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Can it be done with a query in the database and set the appropriate field in the right table, or it is more involved than that?

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

They are post meta entries, so you could create a custom script that creates them for each product – loop through each product and update_post_meta the proper meta field.

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I have just checked your site and all I can see is a blank white page on the home and in the topbar no link text to image categories.

Are you aware of this?

What I did stop by here for was to confirm which version of woocommerce we are running at present with symbiostock, still 2.4.6? As for some reason mine has updated itself to 2.4.10 and now I get the usual outdated copies of woocommerce files on the system status page!

Have just found a zip file of V.2.4.6 on github and will rollback woocommerce if need be.

NomadicImagery

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Seems to be OK for me. Could you recheck?

Steve

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Hi Steve,

Tried again on the PC and Cell phone and getting the same response whereas all other websites are displaying correctly yours isn’t.  The scroll function is there so content must be there but doesn’t seem viewable to me. I got on to an image page too. So all is there in correct format but no link or homepage visibilty.

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Thanks Antony – very strange! I’ll try to use a VPN and pop out into the internet somewhere else and try it. It works fine from my home.

Steve

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Works fine from here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.