Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

How can you change gallery display settings, for example to masonry and to use a lightbox? where are these advertised options located?

Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Guy

Please explain what you mean by masonry and lightbox, as neither of these things are advertised as far as I know. If they are features you would like, let me know and I’ll see if they can either be added or can be provided by another plugin.

Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

sorry I have confused you and myself,

I have now installed symbiostock and I really like it so thanks a million!,

The features I mentioned there, sorry but are actually from a different plugin ‘Photo Seller’, it is expensive at $70 but has a few very nice features particularly in the way galleries are displayed. I reckon if these were integrated into ssymbiostock you would win over even more people. Some such features can be achieved with 3rd party plugins but it would be nice if they were in symbiostock and I don’t think they would be very hard to accomplish. For example, the ability to display many types of gallery styles such as a ‘masonry’ one and the ability to view add images to cart within a light box so as not to have to load a new page. They also include in their plugin the ability to hover zoom on images and create private client galleries, you also have the ability to manually generate download links for clients should a problem arise.

Here is the plugin’s site: https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-photo-seller-plugin

Thanks and sorry again

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Guy,

One thing I have maintained as a rule with Symbiostock is to minimize its front end footprint. Expanding into this realm is troublesome as it can introduce a lot of compatibility problems with third party plugins, particularly when there are so many that enhance WooCommerce beautifully. Secondly, to maintain as much theme compatibility and flexibility as possible, streamlining us with WooCommerce is equally important.

I have done a quick search and found this WooCommerce enhancements:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-lightbox/

The idea about images zooming in is a good idea – I will look into adding it in a future update.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll investigate that plugin

Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry to bother again but how can I change the ‘Licence’ section to say ‘Size’,

also is it possible to have both options, for example you pick size and it dynamically sizes the image but you can also pick Licence which does nothing but mark up the price. It would also be great to have parent licences so for example you pick personal or commercial and then within commercial you could pick say advertising etc..

Thanks again,

Guy

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Guy,

The license title can only be changed in the front end via your theme. if you change it within Symbiostock, Symbiostock will cease to use it for licensing. This is because wordpress uses tags through their actual slugs for most queries so changing the name could introduce issues.

As for the licensing, it cannot be accomplished the way you are suggesting. The best way to accomplish what you want is to have multiple sizes for one licenses, then multiple sizes for the next license, and so on. This makes it easy to globally price them, etc.

We modeled most of this functionality off the most popular stock photo sites such as Shutterstock and Fotolia.

Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

Thanks a lot for responding so promptly ,  how do you change a license? and create different sizes for each, on the license page it is basically sizes you are editing and then on the product page they all come up as ‘commercial’ when you select them

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Okay, so by default they are assumed to be commercial. However, if you mark an image as editorial, then it will say editorial there. Both those links will go to your licenses information page.

The main way you differentiate between sizes and the actual license is through the name of the license. So by default, you see ‘Small JPEG’, ‘Medium JPEG’ etc. These are the default licenses that come with Symbiostock. You can delete all of these, edit them, and make your own. You can call them whatever you want.

So this way, you could have:

Normal Small

Normal Medium

Normal Large

Extended Large

Etc.

And then explain what each of these licenses allows your customer to do on the licenses page that is in your pages admin section (automatically created by Symbiostock).

Along with each license name, you can set the maximum size and default price. This gives you maximum flexibility.

Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

I understand the licence page and how you can name, describe and set prices for each but where do you set the ‘license type’ that is displayed sort of from nowhere after selections a lisense,

For example, on the product page, lets say I have the licences ‘small’, ‘medium’, and ‘large’ set up,

when I click one it will display the resolution they are and the price that has been set for them which is brilliant but it also displays underneath ‘license type’ which by default is commercial , I am therefore wondering is it possible that a customer can change this or that I can change it,

thanks again for the help!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Right – so right now the default license type is “Commercial” and the other option is “Editorial”. To change it to editorial, you enable that for the product in question.

But your question leads to a possible future feature where you can choose the text that shows up there. I will look into adding this in future releases.

Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

Perfect I found where you can change it,

yes that included in a future update would nice – especially if the customer could select one on the product page as another product attribute and then the size prices are marked up accordingly,

thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Don’t forget to submit your site to the Artist Network – we’re trying to grow this so that everyone can benefit from a really large contributor directory:

http://www.symbiostock.org/artist-network-submit/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.