Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bepsimages
    bepsimages
    Participant

Hello every one,
    Today I would like upload some images and so try the ftp.
    But of course I have problem 😀
    I use cyberduck or fetch how ftp client on mac.
    I try below address:
    /home2/bepsimag/public_html/wp-content/plupload/uploads/
    ftp://bepsimages.com/home2/bepsimag/public_html/wp-content/plupload/uploads/
    and I use the data of my wordpress account for username and password, the same that I use for enter in the admin panel.
    Here the error alert:
    /home2/bepsimag/public_html/wp-content/plupload/uploads/: nodename nor servname provided, or not known.
    I something wrong?
    Thanks

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I think you need the user name and password for your FTP account on your host site, not your WordPress info. You’re uploading to the server that is hosting your wordpress install so it’s the server account that is taking in the files. The Wordprss install is just the location you’re sending them to..

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Usually your domain address (bepsimages.com) points to your home address. If so, your correct ftp address would be

ftp://bepsimages.com/public_html/wp-content/plupload/uploads/

But actually you create a FTP account on your server via cpanel. Then you configure your ftp client according to those chosen settings. I don’t think you need above path in your ftp client at all.

Hope that helps a bit to figure it out.

Profile photo of bepsimages
    bepsimages
    Participant

yes I understand thank you. 😉
    in cpanel is possible to download a FTP Configuration File directly for cyberduck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.