Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi, I managed to install all the plugins except Express and Video. I get a failure every time. I can se at notification that I am running Woocommerce 3.3.5 and Symbiostock recommends downgrading to 3.0.7.

could this be the reason the installation failed?

I managed to install the video plugin manually by copying it to the plugin folder. But when I do the same with the Express plugin it does not show up in the plugin list inside the Dashboard. Should it be located elsewhere within wordpress folder.

Profile photo of admin10
    admin10
    Participant

I just purchased the program and I’m having the same problem.
    Message I Get
    Installing Plugin from uploaded file: symbiostock-express.zip
    Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
    Plugin installation failed.
    Return to Plugin Installer
    I even unzipped and uploaded directly but there’s nothing to activate in my pugins.
    I noticed in the post above that your program doesn’t support the latest version of woocommerce so most likely that is my problem as well. Obviously for security reasons, I’m not going to downgrade so I can install your program.
    So unless you have a quick fix, I need a refund. Then let me know when your version has caught up with current versions of woocommerce and wordpress. This version looks amazing and I’d love to use it when it’s compatibility is in line with everyone else.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi guys – Express is a theme, not a plugin – please upload it as a theme and it should work fine.

As for video, this is a rather large plugin and due to technical limitations that are not related to Symbiostock sometimes uploading via FTP is a more viable option for large plugins like this.

Please let us know if you encounter further issues.

LOL.. silly me. And that explanes a lot. I will move it to a new location 🙂

Profile photo of admin10
    admin10
    Participant

Okay thanks,I should have noticed that.
    I uploaded as a theme, installed it and now my site is down. After my activation, it told me that there is plugins now out of date. I clicked on plugins to see which ones, and my pane crashed. I went to my site and it was down as well. Below is the message I received. Any ideas on how to get this working again? I can’t use my account so I’ll have to go in through my host… but what do I change?
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-content/themes/symbiostock-express/lib/kt-plugins-activate.php:23 Stack trace: #0 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): kadence_register_required_plugins(”) #1 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #2 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-content/themes/symbiostock-express/lib/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php(198): do_action(‘tgmpa_register’) #4 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): TGM_Plugin_Activation->init(”) #5 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-settings.php(450): do_action(‘init’) #8 /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-con in /home/jd25h1ys4dro/public_html/wp-content/themes/symbiostock-express/lib/kt-plugins-activate.php on line 23

Profile photo of admin10
    admin10
    Participant

I renamed your theme so my old one would install so my site is back up. However, I would still love to use your theme if you can tell me what all that gibberish means in my last post and what I need to do. Thanks.

Profile photo of admin10
    admin10
    Participant

My Bad… It appears the problem was NOT your theme at all. It boiled down to being a PHP version problem. It was doing the same thing with some of my other plugins. For those having the same problem, don’t install any PHP version over PHP 7. Anything over that caused the fatal error. Your theme seems to be working perfectly now and looks totally amazing. Good work guys. Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Not a problem guys – there are a lot of facets to running on WordPress and although it may seem simple on the surface there are often little things that can go wrong or are unclear that cause these issues. Rest assured that we QC every release to the best of our ability and if our release instructions are followed all our plugins should work out of the box. Thanks for joining the community!

Profile photo of flaghousemediauk
    flaghousemediauk
    Participant

I’ve just spent a couple of hours trying to load Express as a plug-in too! Express theme now installed ok! Thanks everyone for putting on Forum, although penny should have dropped sooner, your experience on here saved me a headache.

Profile photo of gamancathsl
    gamancathsl
    Participant

i buy all pluging i needddd help with symbiostock video pluging…i have prove with pluging Symbiostock Video Diagnosticto to prove it and every thig was fine. i can see the video with
    plate of food but when i chache a video i can no see thumbnails
    @gamancathsl

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – can you explain what you mean by you cache a video you see no thumbnails?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.