Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

It is not ok. In pingdom I get results from 2 seconds to 6 seconds and this is strange. GTmetrics gives me 5+seconds every time, sometimes 7 or 8.

I am using Cloudflare – free plan and W3 Total Cache configured together like in this link: http://www.bloggingwizard.com/w3-total-cache-cloudflare/

But with or without is the same: loading time is not constant.

I tried P3 plugin and, as you can see above, the plugins are ok for loading time. I will disable one by one (except Symbiostock and woocommerce) to see if anything changes.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Basically I have done the same speed tests and yes it seems sporadic, but this should not be happening if you are running through Cloudflare or another CDN as the speed should then be the cache’d page. I did this page for example:

https://icons4web.com/licensing/

and ran the test 3 times and it was about 1.5 seconds each time. That’s relatively normal and asserts it’s not the server itself.

So if it is changing when the site is doing database queries then this is a WordPress bottleneck that will take a some investigation to optimize. You have an extremely large Symbiostock site 🙂 The underlying technology is WordPress and WooCommerce and it is optimizing the tables in them that I believe is needed to elicit speed bumps.

Overall if you test static page speed tests (or images) and they load consistent and quick, it is not the server, as on the Symbiostock Hosting platform you have ample memory, ram and CPU, so even if you had a dedicated machine you would experience either no speed boost, or maybe a 10% speed boost.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the analysis. It is good to know that everything is ok on hosting.

I will hire a professional for the investigation.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,

I found part of the problem myself with your help(and Chriss) by changing the theme to Woocommerce Storefront. Now the speed is good but still varies. Less often than before I get 3-4 sec in pingdom or GTmetrics. Most of the times is 0.6-2 sec – is this variation ok? From 0.6 to 2 sec I mean…

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t know enough about global networks and why website speed varies – I mainly know the hardware side and load times with regards to the size of websites. If it varies for other reasons, such as WordPress queries or variations in the global network path, I can’t comment really.

However the simpler the theme the less data there will be to download for sure – storefront is a pretty basic theme. Most themes that include more jquery, effects, and styles will necessarily take longer.

Overall, when I viewed your site I did not notice any extra delays on my end than other websites with the exception of your individual product page, which I think is due to the related products query.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

So, the product page is better now at your end? Are you in Canada?

For me (tested in Romania and France) is much better. 3 sec max from 7-8 before.

Yes, Storefront theme is less attractive than Symbiostock, unless I buy Storefront powerpack (60$)  which contains a configurator helping me do whatever I want on the front page or any page. I don’t know how it will affect speed on front page after I will add best sales, featured, recent, etc. Right now  the front page is pretty empty.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Website is quite fast – that means it’s not even database related. So basically if you run through a CDN it should be pretty fast as it should cache most of your stuff. I guess it is simply a case of bandwidth – with more data it takes longer to download. Good work!

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Thanks for helping!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.