Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Erik Calderon
    Erik Calderon
    Participant

I tried to upload the images, everything goes well, they get into the ftp folder just fine, but then I get this error:  <b>Error(s):</b> Failed to process file: _DSC0207.jpg

What can I do to get the images to process?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Erik,

There are a large number of reasons why it may fail – the most common is that the file itself is corrupted in some manner. Can you try using the wizard on your settings page to confirm that your system is able to perform image manipulation?

If that works fine, then try uploading another JPEG, one that you get off the web or something so that you can test another file. Report back here and we can go from there. In all likelihood, your image is corrupted.

Erik Calderon
    Participant

I’ve tried several images from the web as well, and I did run the wizard, everything worked fine except the vector images, nothing showed up on the test.

Any suggestions?

Erik Calderon
    Participant

I’ve also tried different sized images.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Send me your admin information via PM and I’ll take a look. If the wizard works, then everything should work with a normal JPEG.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Seems your server has a damaged version of FINFO installed – when Symbiostock tries to confirm that an image you are uploading is a JPEG, it is constantly returning ‘false’. This is very strange because usually if you don’t have FINFO installed, Symbiostock uses an alternate method of file checking. However, in your case, the server is saying it is installed, but it is not operating properly.

I have forced your install to use the alternate method and it is successfully parsing JPEGs now. Additionally, I have added a Symbiostock setting that allows you to force the alternate method, which will be auto enabled on your install once you upgrade to the new version of Symbiostock that will be released next.

So you should be good to go!

Erik Calderon
    Participant

Awesome.  Thank you so much.  I’ll give it a run this morning.

Erik.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.