Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

I’m into provide 3000 px width JPEGs, but for test I used 2000 px width ones.

Now I set the “large JPEG” to 3000 px and for my surprise it has been enlarged.

I was told before Symbistock doesn’t upscale images.

So it does or it doesn’t?

Sorry for this much messages, I constantly stumble upon nuances

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – if your source is a vector, then Symbiostock upsizes the vector to match the maximum JPEG size. If you upload a JPEG, it does not do this. Can you give more detail about the type of file, where it is enlarging, etc?

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

How you mean “where it is enlarging”? It enlarged upon a test purchase.

I uploaded a JPEG + EPS pair, and the JPEG was 2400 px in width, and I managed to download a 3000 px width JPG.

EPS + JPEG combos mean I can set the max resolution higher than the original JPEG? … Or is it just true for pure EPS uploads? I mean the upscale.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tamas – if the original file is a vector, but you have an alternate JPEG uploaded, Symbiostock will not upscale the alternate JPEG, and the alternate JPEG will be used for all JPEG purchases. If you have a vector image and you do not have an alternate JPEG, it will then resize the final outputted JPEG as the maximum size set in the license.

So to answer your question, if you have an alternate JPEG for a vector, Symbiostock will not upscale. I have just run a test on a test site and can confirm this.

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.