Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

Dear Robin,

we sell images of several artists and need to track the source (copyright) in order to forward their provision. (Would be a nice feature if you offer that as a feature) So far we used the article numbers and added an abbreviation of each artists. Now we startet to add more images and cannot find the article numbers anymore in the product page although it appears in the overview

http://prntscr.com/frx58c

Can you let me know is this an option, has change in the current release …or?

Alternativly is there a way to manage the sources of the images in order to refund them easily?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Michel – you need to find out what meta the “article number” is and manually add this to the product page as a hook if it is not showing. I’m not sure why it was showing before and isn’t now, but there may be some changes in the way Express displays information in that regard.

Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, but I think I didn’t explain it correctly. Are you talking about the product page within the backend or frontend?

We see the article number (backend) when opening the overview (all media) but cannot find the edit field to adjust it (product view backend). If it is still correct that I have to add it manually, that would mean I need to add code to the function of you plugin? Where would this be found?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Oh, okay – so you’re only talking about backend. In this case this is a woocommerce issue, not a Symbiostock issue. Just find out exactly what that field is called (SKU, maybe?) and do a search on google for editing this in WooCommerce and you should find a solution.

Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

Ok, yes. It is SKU. It is show as attached above in the overview but doesn’t show in Symbiostock’s product /media page (backend) Thus I thought you turned of this field. I am still searching but cannot find a reason why it disappeared….

Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

I swear I disable all plugins even Symbiostock and woocommerce and restarted all plugins, removed W3Total Cache a.s.o. but there is no option to see the SKU in the media page. Is there any idea why this happens? Since Symbiostock vendor isn’t available I need the SKU to find out the artists that owns the picture…
    http://prntscr.com/fx3f9s
    I am stuck.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Michel – this is a WooCommerce issue – I am guessing that with the new version of WooCommerce they have disabled SKU editing for variable products. Can you do a search for this and confirm?

It is possible you can use some other text field for now to identify media to the author.

Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

Robin, I was in touch with WooCommerce’s senior developer. They told me they never heard of a missing SKU.
    We disabled Symbiostock a yes, SKU was there. http://prntscr.com/fy35pg
    When I activate symbiostock lite, nothing happens and woocommerce uses its standard backend.
    Symbiostock pro changes the backend fro product to media type, reduces the tabs and actually disables the inventory system.

I even installed woocommerce once again, not better.
    What can I do?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Let me take a look for you – thanks for bringing this up.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Michel – a new version of Symbiostock Pro has been released in order to allow for SKU editing via the Inventory tab. Just update and it should be there.

Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

Hi Robin, thx. We saw Symbiostock Vendros is now available. Since we couldn’t really use Symbostock Pro for our means, we didn’t sell a penny yet. Thus I wonder if you offer us an upgrade rate from pro to vendors?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.