Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of trentnixon
    trentnixon
    Participant

Having used the symbiostock plugin for a while now, i have only just got around to updating to the newer lite>pro version.

However, after upgrading, all of the legacy images are no longer downloadable for customers. Instead the downloads produce a 404.

After running a few tests downloads, only one upload produces a correct download sequence, all further uploads also 404 out.

i am unsure what to try next, would it be possible to talk to someone at SS to work out what has happened. i have over 2000 sports images on my site, with two more events coming up over the next month, so need a solution asap.

Many Thanks

T

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Trent – one of the main changes that was implemented with Pro is the images are no longer processed in real time when a customer downloads them. They are processed by the Symbiostock processor in the background.

So please ensure you have it running every minute via your system’s cron, and do not mark an order as complete yourself. Always leave it in ‘processing’ and let Symbiostock complete it for you. There is information on this posted at the top of your orders list page as well.

trentnixon
    Participant

Hi Robin,

This is the case, and the system is producing a link and emailing it.

However the linked .zip file is always to a /temp/ file that is no longer there when the user clicks on the download link.

I would be happy to provide examples in a PM

T

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi trent – first of all, are you on Legacy Symbiostock or the new platform? Symbiostock Lite is not the same thing as Legacy Symbiostock.

Basically Legacy was released a few years ago and was run by another developer. We took over last year and completely created a new piece of software based on a different infrastructure.

In order to migrate from Legacy to the new one, you need to use the free migration tool which is available via the Shop link at the top.

Once migrated, then your stuff will begin showing up in Symbiostock Pro, and you disable Legacy Symbiostock.

If you need help with migrations, you can post a request here or submit a paid support request. Once you clarify what you’re currently on, we can help you further.

trentnixon
    Participant

I used the migration tool back when the updates were released,  am now running Lite and Pro and everything is working fine outside of this issue.

I have changed the media location on upgrade back to ‘/path/to/dir/ss_media/’ from the default ‘/path/to/dir/wp-content/uploads/ss_media/’. I was also running the latest version of WC, which i have not downgraded back to 5.5

The download links that are sent to customers work for about 24 hours before returning a 404. Within that 24 hours, the links return the download dialogue and the zip files are available, however after this period the links  forward onto the missing zip file in a temp folder as so.

http://trentnixon.com/wp-content/uploads/_sz/temp/TrentNixonPhotography-57914.zip

I am not sure if this is also related, but i am unable to create an order in the backend to test this on a fake order, the processing option times out and cancels any order created via the “add new” in WC.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information Trent – I’ll get back to you on this.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Trent,

This is a minor bug in the core and will be fixed in the next release. It only affects downloads where a customer does not download it immediately and waits a few hours before-hand. The system is clearing these temporary download files a bit too quickly.

If it happens and a customer complains, just move their order back into the ‘processing’ mode and it will get reprocessed and recreated.

Also, you should not try to test it using the ‘add new’ feature in WC. Just go through the front end with a fake account as that will ensure there are no issues.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

3.3.1 has been released and fixes this issue.

Profile photo of Sam
    Sam
    Participant

Hello I am still having a similar issue and I upgraded to 3.3.1

All the download links in the email download the correct files but at 0 bytes. The files are correct however in the _sldl folder.  Any ideas? Thank you very much

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So the files are not 0 bytes in the folder, but when they try to download it it is serving it with 0 bytes?

trentnixon
    Participant

HI,

I updated to the new version, and have been out of a job for the past week or so.

I returned to find that the issue is still present, new customers are still getting 404’s when trying to download the zip files, even after I have re-processed the order.

the new DIR is after update is now ‘/wp-content/uploads/_ssdl/’

This dir is empty on the server, even after processing orders.

what options do i have to fix this? it was working temporarily before the update, now not at all.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi trent – please send me your login info via PM and I will take a look. I will need both FTP and WP access.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.