Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

As development proceeds, I have encountered that during a test sale there was no download link to the media provided. Through a bit of research, I’ve found the problem my be that I need a business paypal account rather than a personal one. Can someone verify this or provide other information as to what the problem may be? Thank you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

After you create a new product, it may take up to 10 minutes for the product to be updated with a proper download URL. This is accomplished through the Symbiostock processor which should be setup to run once a minute.

However, I do not know if this is why a download link is not being generated on your side, as it may be specific to WooCommerce. Are you running the processor automatically every minute via your control panel’s cron system?

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

It was actually an image I had uploaded a couple days prior through running the cron job. I’m not sure if it is updating once a minute as I can’t seem to find the scheduling processor.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

If the processor isn’t running regularly, all kinds of weird things can happen – it doesn’t just process images, it does a lot of maintenance activities and must be run regularly.

So depending on your control panel, try to find the ‘scheduled processes’, ‘cron job’, or ‘task scheduler’ and stick in the line provided on your Symbiostock > Settings page. That should work just fine, and may resolve this issue of yours. You can also try manually running the processor a few times and then see if the download link shows.

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

All I can find is cron job. Nothing about scheduled processes or task scheduler. There is a “run now” button and this:

curl -silent -A ‘Mozilla’ ‘http://www.silverstockimages.com/?c=1&ss_c=18cedfe171a3652c28aa’ >/dev/null 2>&1

in the field just below it.

I’m not sure what you mean by “stick in the line”.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

Thank you for that information however we got sidetracked. I’m more concerned about the download link not generating than the cron jobs. I’ve tried another test sale and no download link. It must be a settings issue within Symbiostock, Woocommerce, or Paypal. Any assistance appreciated.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As there is no clear answer as to why this may be happening, here is a thread you can perhaps look at:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/please-help-woocommerce-will-not-add-download-links-after-purchases

There is a known issue that when someone first comes to the download page after checkout there is no download link – however download links are provided via email and if that initial checkout completion page is refreshed. I don’t know if that is your issue or not.

Profile photo of Betts
    Betts
    Participant

If you’re experiencing any problem with cron job, you can try free online cron job provider like https://www.easycron.com.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.