Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

most of us use plugins, but they can be tempermental, and some of the bugs being reported as sym problems really are due to plugins.

so if you have a problem that may be related to a plugin, please report it here (or stasrt a new thread with plugin as part of the title. that’ll help triage the reports…..

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

If symbiostock is not playing nicely always turn your plugins off as they might be the cause

Symbiostock syxtra . Great plugin on 2.6.5 but but if symbiostock 2.7.* is not playing nicely make sure it is the first on to turn off to test which might be the cause (sorry plrang my favourite widgets work, others do not)

Wordfence. A protection and see who is visiting plugin. Is capable of locking you out of your own site. Sometimes this is user error, sometimes not as I will have to work out when I get to a computer again

Pininterest block. Appears harmless so far and does not sem to add to loading times

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

I would also recommend that those who report errors should add the version of the plugin, symbiostock, WordPress, and PHP.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I use the slideshow plugin, and it took me a while to realize that using the dollar sign in a description ($) makes the letters or numbers directly after it disappear, until you hit a period (.). So, for example, I was putting “$9.99” in the popup description area, and it kept coming up as “$.99.” on my site. “USD9.99” works fine.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

I use the slideshow plugin, and it took me a while to realize that using the dollar sign in a description ($) makes the letters or numbers directly after it disappear, until you hit a period (.). So, for example, I was putting “$9.99” in the popup description area, and it kept coming up as “$.99.” on my site. “USD9.99” works fine.

I noticed that a few days ago, Shelma, when I visited your site. Couldn’t figure out the discrepancy. Glad you straightened it out.

And BTW, I love your work. Really, truly wonderful. 🙂

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Thank you! I love yours, too. Such beautiful beasties. And very nice copy…friendly and welcoming.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I had been using Foobar Notifications 2.4 with previous versions of Symbiostock. This displayed text messages at the top of the page. With 2.7.x Symbiostock upgrade the Foobar plugin conflicted with the Symbiostock Header location, so I disabled Foobar. No more conflict.

Now using Slideshow 2.2.19 to display text notifications at the bottom of the home page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.