Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

NOTE: This has been archived here from the main symbiostock.com site.

Three things to say here:

1. Bigger network=More traffic.
    2. Summer=Break from theme development, time for network growth.
    3. The network is a friendly and happy place in Microstock.

Bigger Network
    At this time there is probably about 45 Symbiostock sites, a smaller amount of which are confirmed/connected. (I can see as they are launched). As I look at my Google Analyticsas a Symbiostock Network site owner, I can see that network traffic is a huge part of the pie that makes up traffic. Many people report the same. I can see that over time (actually rather quickly) Search engine rank is earned, and more traffic comes from there as well. As far as we can tell, our combined efforts on this unique model is showing success.

It stands to reason – this pattern would only improve with a bigger network. What this means for you? Get people to join the network, and show them how fun and productive it is. Summer is a great time since I do not intend to develop Symbiostock very much over these months, meaning you have a stable and working tool.

Here is an interesting advantage Symbiostock has – every Symbiostock site is generally a niche site, having much weight in its given category. A large agent site simply cannot do this, since as a unit (as a site) its limited to one over-all gauge – where as a site like “3dpeoplebyme.com” is going to quickly outrank any general stock photo site in the search results of 3d people, especially since much of its content revolves around that. When you have a bunch of specialty sites operating as a super-network – use your imagination! Its a very strong strategy, and its already showing results.

So the more network sites we have (ie, get more people involved!) the stronger this plays out.

Summer
    I’m taking time off. Its probably a good thing. However I will continue to fix a few remaining / minor issues and perhaps produce an extended license plugin. Of course anyone who happens to wish to add features or improvements to the theme are welcome to do so, and I will happily upgrade it for the network along with credit for the implementation. Feel free to add your credentials and contact info to the code as well.

The network is a friendly and happy place in Microstock
    The most amazing thing to watch is how the “Symbiostock Community” works together and help’s eachother build strong sites. In fact, as a whole its probably going to thrive due to that very positive quality. I’m quite certain in the near future you will start seeing more established professionals joining in, and this feature of Symbiostock is a big plus for them to hit the ground running.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.