Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zoe Schmidt
    Zoe Schmidt
    Participant

Hello! I’ve recently heard about your software and decided to check it out! I am a freelance photographer and I have a question on the compatibility of the third-part WordPress themes with the Symbiostock plugin. Thing is that I already have a WordPress theme from http://www.templatemonster.com installed on my photo gallery website and I want to sell my works online. Is Symbiostock plugin compatible with TemplateMonster themes? Or do I need to buy a layout from you to be able to install and apply this plugin? Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Zoe,

Symbiostock does not involve itself in the front end very much at all and basically operates through WooCommerce. So if your theme is compatible with WooCommerce, then it will work fantastic with Symbiostock.

Worst case you can try it out and see how it goes.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As for buying a theme from us – you can do that, or you can get any third party theme that works with WooCommerce. Even the built in themes that come with WordPress work with WooCommerce and Symbiostock, but they don’t look that great.

Zoe Schmidt
    Participant

Hey Robin!

Thanks a lot for your reply! I think I’ll stick to my existing theme for the time being, but I’ll keep in mind it’s possible to purchase an item from you as well. I haven’t yet set up the WooCommerce on my website, but I’m about to do that because I’m going to sell some of my most popular pieces of photography. Is there a possibility of having a free trial of Symbiostock plugin so that I could test drive it myself prior to buyin’?

Thanks again!

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Zoe, the Symbiostock plugin is free. And WooCommerce is free as well. No need to buy anything.

Zoe Schmidt
    Participant

Oh, my bad, I must’ve confused Symbiostock with several other paid plugins I’ve been checking out.  Thanks! 😉  Yeah, I know that WooCommerce is free 🙂 But I have to educate myself a little on the eCommerce yet.  And I guess I’m not quite awake…

What’s your experience of using Symbiostock, Redneck?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

In short, it’s the best available option out there. Period. Not only is setting up your own image selling website easy yet highly customizable but also the potential participation in symzio.com as central hub agency is a huge plus. And it’s free. No risk beside putting a little effort into it.

Zoe Schmidt
    Participant

Wow! I really have to learn more about this! Thank you so much for your insights, this is of great help to me!

Zoe Schmidt
    Participant

Oh, that sounds interesting to me… I was actually planning to put up another website soon, so I might actually go with Symbiostock themes from the very beginning. I really appreciated that you’ve shared your experience! I checked out this theme and it seems to be designed like a Bootstrap theme which is in at the moment.

Profile photo of Pix on Trips
    Pix on Trips
    Participant

I researched other options such as WordPress Sell Media  and Shopfiy before switching to the Symbiostock plugin.  I must say Symbiostock is truly designed for selling stock media, very impressed with its ease of use.

As for the theme, I purchased the Vega theme before deciding to go with Symbiostock.  It required a minor code change but no regret so far.

travel stock photos at pixontrips.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Looks like a fantastic theme – anything WooCommerce compatible will work beautifully with Symbiostock.

Can’t access your site though – maybe DNS is switching over?

Zoe,

The demo site using Symbiostock Express is here in case you don’t know.

http://demo.symbiostock.com/

my site is based on this theme. So far feel good.

Pix on Trips
    Participant

@robin,  my first post.  There was a typo in my signature.  Fixed.  Try it again.

Pix on Trips
    Participant

@George, thank you for your compliment.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.