Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

Hi guys, are already months since when my sites are online but I notice that not all the people I added to my network added me too. Maybe because they have no free slots anymore, but anyway, I don’t find this quite correct. That’s why I decided to keep in my network only the people who add me too in their networks in this way I will have soon free space for new sites. I hope nobody will get this personally, is only the right thing to do. Please let me know what you think about this, if you think my attitude is correct or no.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Well, it’s up to you to run your site as you like, but though I think it’s nice if others exchange links with me, I don’t make it a rule.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

If everyone only adds those who link back there would be a lot of “closed” networks.

Some of the people I link to have linked back to me, others have not but I am happy with this as it spreads the links out further.

I do add AJT’s global network so that I can include everyone within the network though so in effect I include everyone even if not individally

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Ezeepics
    Participant

@christine wrote:

If everyone only adds those who link back there would be a lot of “closed” networks.

Some of the people I link to have linked back to me, others have not but I am happy with this as it spreads the links out further.

I do add AJT’s global network so that I can include everyone within the network though so in effect I include everyone even if not individally

What is this network? Tell me more about it.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

That might have not been the right terminology but it is:

http://symbiostock.info

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Ezeepics
    Participant

@christine wrote:

That might have not been the right terminology but it is:

http://symbiostock.info

So, if I download and install this in the place of my default search all these sites will appear in the results? But this list excludes the sites which are not in. Also I payed the Symbiostock Professional and search features contained in it. This new add-on will have the same good results? Hmm….I don’t know….

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

You add it as you would any individual site, and it gives results from the entire Symbiostock network.

Ezeepics
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

You add it as you would any individual site, and it gives results from the entire Symbiostock network.

I thaught is another search module. Can you explain me better how do I install it?

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Go to Symbiostock>network in your wordpress dashboard and just add that URL as you would add the URL of any individual site you’d link to. Then it will show up like another site in the network, but will show everyone’s work. If you search for “photo” on my site you’ll see the global Symbiostock results first under mine.

Ezeepics
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

Go to Symbiostock>network in your wordpress dashboard and just add that URL as you would add the URL of any individual site you’d link to. Then it will show up like another site in the network, but will show everyone’s work. If you search for “photo” on my site you’ll see the global Symbiostock results first under mine.

Thank you very much!

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Hi Corina;

I had a network spot open up and I’ve added you to my network.

I reciprocate on most, but not all sites that are linked to me. I joined Symbiostock in the very beginning and filled my spots up. Others have come along later and linked to me but I didn’t have open spots. I review statistics and my network partner sites from time to time too and did make some changes awhile ago too. Some of my early partners were not the best match in style and content for either of us and I moved to some that were a better fit. I don’t think anyone should feel compelled to reciprocate if someone links to them. They might have full spots and be happy with their current network, they might not agree with the pricing strategy of the other site, they might not like the quality or style of the work on the linking site or might think it’s too close a competitor instead of a complimentary addition. I am a photographer but want to offer vector options to anyone searching the site so I’m linked to some vector sites but can appreciate if a vector artist only wants to link to other vector sites.

You can add the http://symbiostock.info site as if it was another individual site. In your network area select the “+” sign to open a new spot then just copy http://symbiostock.info into the space where you would enter anyone’s site, then save the changes as usual. I don’t think it’s good for the network if that’s the only link in that it limits the backlinks that individual sites would get by having their images show in search results but it’s a good way to give exposure to a greater number of people so I have it in my site along with 9 others.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

It’s a problem when you have no more slots to add people – I added one a month or two ago and found out that I had effectively bumped a prior network partner off – the interface let you add more but then zapped someone behind your back (so to speak).

At the time (and I think that may be in the lost forum posts from November and December) I had asked why we can’t have more slots if we want, and a couple of people said they wouldn’t mind that. I don’t see any reason for the limit of 10 (although whatever the limit, the interface should be fixed so you know what’s going on if you’re “full”).

I don’t care if people don’t add me back – I link to sites whose work seems to me to make a good fit with mine, and this isn’t a club or a popularity contest (in my mind). If the people I added had full networks already, that wasn’t a reason for me not to add them. I’m trying to improve the buyers’ experience if they visit my site.

Also, my site has a custom change I made to 2.9.9 that ajt has now included in 3.x.x that if there are no matches on my site it uses the global search instead of saying “no results”, so that’s another way to broaden the connections when it makes sense

Ezeepics
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

Hi Corina;

I had a network spot open up and I’ve added you to my network.

I reciprocate on most, but not all sites that are linked to me. I joined Symbiostock in the very beginning and filled my spots up. Others have come along later and linked to me but I didn’t have open spots. I review statistics and my network partner sites from time to time too and did make some changes awhile ago too. Some of my early partners were not the best match in style and content for either of us and I moved to some that were a better fit. I don’t think anyone should feel compelled to reciprocate if someone links to them. They might have full spots and be happy with their current network, they might not agree with the pricing strategy of the other site, they might not like the quality or style of the work on the linking site or might think it’s too close a competitor instead of a complimentary addition. I am a photographer but want to offer vector options to anyone searching the site so I’m linked to some vector sites but can appreciate if a vector artist only wants to link to other vector sites.

You can add the http://symbiostock.info site as if it was another individual site. In your network area select the “+” sign to open a new spot then just copy http://symbiostock.info into the space where you would enter anyone’s site, then save the changes as usual. I don’t think it’s good for the network if that’s the only link in that it limits the backlinks that individual sites would get by having their images show in search results but it’s a good way to give exposure to a greater number of people so I have it in my site along with 9 others.

Thank you Karen for adding me. I added the symbiostock.info and in this way my search shows images from all the network.

Ezeepics
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

It’s a problem when you have no more slots to add people – I added one a month or two ago and found out that I had effectively bumped a prior network partner off – the interface let you add more but then zapped someone behind your back (so to speak).

At the time (and I think that may be in the lost forum posts from November and December) I had asked why we can’t have more slots if we want, and a couple of people said they wouldn’t mind that. I don’t see any reason for the limit of 10 (although whatever the limit, the interface should be fixed so you know what’s going on if you’re “full”).

I don’t care if people don’t add me back – I link to sites whose work seems to me to make a good fit with mine, and this isn’t a club or a popularity contest (in my mind). If the people I added had full networks already, that wasn’t a reason for me not to add them. I’m trying to improve the buyers’ experience if they visit my site.

Also, my site has a custom change I made to 2.9.9 that ajt has now included in 3.x.x that if there are no matches on my site it uses the global search instead of saying “no results”, so that’s another way to broaden the connections when it makes sense

Maybe is right, maybe I didn’t do well…I don’t know if what I have added before it was right for me or not. These changes will be for me like a new beginning.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.