Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

OK, switched over to 2.8.2 today, and am using the basic Symbiostock theme and child theme. The problem is that there is a long menu appearing at the top of the page that I can’t get rid of. It is circled in the screen shot below.

The theme supports three menus: Header, sidebar, account/cart. I’ve got both sidebar and account/cart set to “select menu”. I have only the header menu, which points to the menu I created which produces the grey words along the top to the left of the errant menu. I see no way to get rid of that errant menu, and I really don’t want it.

I tried switching over to Dragonfly to see if I could get rid of it, but I can’t get Dragonfly to load anything other than its default theme, despite indicating a different theme in the editor as explained.

So, how to get rid of this menu? It is very frustrating to try and get this site up and running when I run into issues at every turn, it seems.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hello!

That is done in the appearance->menu tab (admin) area

Notice the tab MANAGE LOCATIONS at the top of the page. Use that to coordate menus. Make a “blank” menu and assign it to account / cart area.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I struggled with this a bit as well. I managed to make it look OK (BackyardStockPhotos.com) but wonder now how to get the lower menu/search box/login into that blank space to the right of the Logo. Isn’t that where it used to be?

I’m now on the latest Symbio with the new Child Theme (and, BTW, the upgrade all worked very smoothly – no issues for me)

Steve

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Christine gave this great answer on another thread:
    Go to
    Appearance
    Menu
    Above Header Menu
      There will be lots of items here
         click on the tiny down triangle on each item title bar to open up the options
             Click  Delete
    Repeat with each item you do not want in the above header area

scenicoregon
    Participant

Leo- That was exactly what I needed. I had set that area to no selection, thinking that that would result in no menu there (for some reason in my mind the account/cart area was the cart page, not an area on all the other pages– my goof). I hadn’t thought about creating a blank menu to replace whatever was the default. Thanks so much.

Say Leo- I’ve got another thread open about many of my images showing 0 as the large size, and in each case I have other images of the same sizes that correctly show the large size. If you get a chance, I’d like your input on that thread, too.

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

Question, can the paid themes from Bootstrap work with Symbiostock

scenicoregon
    Participant

I’m betting a new thread for your question would be best.

However, I really am no expert at all, but there are some bootstrap themes for SymbioStock:

http://www.symbiostock.com/category/development/

Maybe that’ll give you the info you need.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.