Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi.

I might be going the wrong way about things but here is how I have to do things when uploading. I have my keywords (tags) done by forehand ind lightroom/bridge, so when i upload the right licenses are picked by the system. But I need to visit every single product to click these fields manually.
    * No shipping required
    * Enable Express Checkout Button
    * untick”uncategorized” category and select my custom photo or video category.
    * under “licenses” I need to add variant “in stock” in order to remove the “out of stock” sign.

is there any way of automating this process? Its a pain in the butt to have to do this to 70 images in a row…

hope someone can guide me towards a better way..

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Runolfur – you should not have to do most of those things if you are using the latest version of symbiostock with the correct woocommerce version. The category and quick checkout maybe but definitely not the in stock or no shipping required.

I do have the latest versions of both plugins, but all new uploads via ftp show up as “out of stock” on my end, maybe this is not how it is meant to be but that is truly the case for me. Is there any change that the settings play a part int this role?
    I am able to bulk tick the photos category but it does not look like I kan bulk “untick” the default “uncategorised” and if its on it will show up as a sub-category and looks silly to me.
    I wish that there was a default setting that could be set for photos and videos but i guess that is not possible…

Profile photo of Sam
    Sam
    Participant

If you only sell digital products in your store, then you could just disable inventory in woocommerce all together. Stock won’t be counted and all products will always have stock available.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Runolfur- can you pm me your login details so we can take a quick look?

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi ,
    I also have the problem with Categories after the update: on bulk edit the system checks the Uncategorized category. I have to uncheck one by one.

Woocommerce 3.4.4
    Symbiostock 3.4.0 & 5.0.0

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

I see where the problem is : if you edit products(drafts) one by one the Uncategorized category is already checked. Is that symbiostock or woocommerce?

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

I have found the cause and a solution.
    It is Woocommerce. Uncategorized is added and it is the default category. Changing the default would solve that but all new products will get your new default category. Another solution is install this plugin which hides Uncategorized:
    https://calebburks.com/hide-uncategorized-default-category-in-woocommerce/

Can you make in a future update, Symbiostock to hide it?
    Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.