Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I updated to 3.2.0/1.4.5 and my site now has “digital bristles” – inactive text – in front of Home on the menu. I don’t see it in the menu editor, so I assume some code has added it.

I checked the mobile site and there’s a little doohickey to drop down the menu – which is very nice – but still this inactive, redundant text. Is there some purpose for this that isn’t immediately obvious?

How did this text get there – and what I am missing as to how to remove it?

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

After seeing this most of this afternoon, it’s now gone away – the menu is back to “normal”

I don’t know what to say but I’ll mark this as gonzo…

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Same here. Site name appeared the first time I looked at the site but was gone at the second time.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Thank you for posting that – I thought I was going insane!

I do still see the site name on the mobile version (on my iPhone) so perhaps this was some uninitialized variable that defaults to something for the mobile platform but is now set and recognizes a desktop browser?

Profile photo of thestockstash
    thestockstash
    Participant

Hi, I have the same bug, with the name of my site appearing in front if the menu on mobile.

How do I get rid of it?

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Hi Folks, I think it is some new line in the code that when you customize your theme and add the Site Title text, it will show on the nav bar.

[attachment=0:27eks23z]tittle_menu_issue.JPG[/attachment:27eks23z]

So, I have removed mine by typing nothing in this Site Title field, but I think it isn’t a good idea for SEO and other uses in the network and so on.

I think Leo needs to remove such line codes or add an option to show or hide site title on the nav bar.

thestockstash
    Participant

If anyone else is looking for an answer, I managed to remove the site title by adding this bit of code to the style.css in the child theme:

@media (max-width: 767px) {
    .navbar-brand {
    display:none !important;
    }
    }

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@thestockstash wrote:

If anyone else is looking for an answer, I managed to remove the site title by adding this bit of code to the style.css in the child theme:

@media (max-width: 767px) {
    .navbar-brand {
    display:none !important;
    }
    }

Thanks for the tip. Anyway, I think Leo has already fixed it in the latest version v3.3.1 I’ve updated.
    It is [FIXED].
    I entered the title, and it isn’t showing any longer with no change in the code. Not sure if he did it, once we have no chance log/history. :0)

As a a suggestion, we would assume all thread titles that where fixed by SYM developers as…
    [FIXED] My site name in front of menu – how to remove?
    or
    [BUG FIXED] My site name in front of menu – how to remove?

thestockstash
    Participant

Ah, ok. I’m using 3.2.9. I should probably update!

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.