Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I admit at the beginning I didn’t really see what the Symzio widget was for, but now I realize that it can be an SEO booster and affiliate sales generator.

I’ve installed it at EVERY one of my product pages and it will not only give the potential buyer more options but it will also boost your product page SEO by generating very relevant text and image links. Add your affiliate code to the widget and you’ll still be in business even if the customer leaves your site.

This is how it looks like: http://picturebreeze.com/stock/photos/image/baby-boy-laughing-under-christmas-tree/ .

Imagine what kind of network we’re creating when every contributor installs the widget on product pages.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Imagine what kind of network we’re creating when every contributor installs the widget on product pages.

You said it – now we’re seeing the big picture. Look at it like you’re recycling users until they decide to buy something – either someone else recycles them better, or we do it internally so someone within the community gets the sale. That’s the mentality. If everyone recycles every user, everyone gets more sales.

Additionally, we’ve severely upgraded the relevancy – it now works using a complex word-cloud system that scans your page in a split second. Google is going to love it.

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Very nicely integrated in your product pages, Andre. I also realize that the widget seems to show related images. I wasn’t aware it would do that. Great feature.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Thanks. Yes, you have excellent relevancy now and it seems that it will exclude your own images, making sure they don’t appear double on the page.

Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

Robin, hope Plus users can also insert this widgets in our product pages.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I feel like I am well behind the learning curve here. How did you make the widget appear at the bottom of the product page and horizontal? I tried to add it to “Footer Column 1” but it appeared on the home page and in a vertical format.

Steve

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

You need to set your footer widget area to only one column so 4 images at size 250×250 will actually fit in.
    Then install the plugin “Display Widgets”. It will add a check box to every widget which will let you choose on which pages the widget is supposed to appear. On the actual Symzio widget then check “Show on checked pages -> Custom Post Types -> Media”. This will add the widget only to your image pages.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

amazeindesign: You can add it by going to your widget tab under appearance in WP admin and adding it to one of your spots. I think Dawn put up a tutorial on how to do this somewhere here.

Trying to setup the widget however I can’t find 1 column optinos. There are only 2, 3, 4 columns options in Footer Layout. Am I missing anything? Thanks for any help.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Trying to setup the widget however I can’t find 1 column optinos. There are only 2, 3, 4 columns options in Footer Layout. Am I missing anything? Thanks for any help.

How your footer is organized (or how many columns are offered) is a matter of your theme, it doesn’t have anything to do with the Symzio widget.
    The widget will let you define how many images at which size will be displayed.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the widget is working. What I am working on now is the layout in footer. I use symbiostock express but as steveh described the image thumbs are displayed in vertical way. I guess this is the only thing so far stopping me from putting symzio widget on my site. If there is any easy change in settings that would be great.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’m not familiar with the Symbiostock Express theme. Your images probably show up vertically because they don’t fit into your theme horizontally so either downsize the thumbs or limit the number of thumbs or give them a wider area to show up in. Try it with 2 thumbs in a 2 column footer and see what happens.
    Maybe someone who’s using the widget in Symbiostock Express theme can chime in.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I use it on the search pages, where the widget works well. I never managed to work out to how use it on the product pages (although I didn’t spend much time researching it either). I’m using the Express theme. We could do with Dawn to chip in on how it can work there.

Thanks Andre, I tried your suggestions. It appears that single column might fix the issue if I can change it in footer settings (however the minimum is 2 columns). When I set it to 2 columns, once the display exceeds half of the footer area, thumbs goes to second row below. That’s why I got vertical layout if the thumbs are big enough to occupy a whole column.

Thanks steveh. Yes let’s wait…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.