Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lbarn
    lbarn
    Participant

I have a 11 month old symbiostock site with Bluehost, initially I had to modify the php.ini file to get imagick to process images. Today while starting uploading to a 2nd site, I noticed that it wasn’t using the Imagick image processor. I re-checked the established site, and it had reverted back to GD processor.

I went to bluehost and checked the php.ini, and it wasn’t the same one I had uploaded many months ago, the date on the php.ini file seems to suggest it was changed when Bluehost notified everyone that they were switching to php 5.4. I re-uploaded my modified php.ini file and logged out and back in on both sites, with no change still using GD image processor. I entered a chat session with technical support, and they decided to “freshen” the php.ini, and both sites now use imagick again. I looked at the “freshened” php.ini and it has many more lines of information than before.

If you use Bluehost, it may be a good idea to check and see if Imagick shows up under process images.

For some reason, there aren’t any thumbnail images shown under Media on the newer site, the images are there, just no preview.

FYI

Lee

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Yes, php.ini gets changed with upgrade to php 5.4. My guess is that is required because there’s something new in the php.ini specifically for version 5.4. That is probably why your old php.ini isn’t working. I took the new php,ini after the upgrade and introduced all necessary changes. That worked flawless.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.