Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Not sure if this will be a useful marketing/promotion approach, but I thought I’d give it a shot. I uploaded a new series of images and thought that I’d do a short blog post on the series and then post a link to the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Google+

I don’t much care for the Facebook posts that are just a new image accepted at one agency or another – there’s not much to engage with. In this case I used the angle of my kids growing out of the playscape to introduce the blog post. The image series is about the installation of a stone patio which replaced the dismantled swings/slide. It’s a somewhat bittersweet transition, even though I love the new patio.

I also decided to give the series its own category – it is not on the menus, but it does have its own tile in my visual categories gallery.

It occurred to me that finding some sort of story to tell might help to promote new work on our sites and as there’s only one way to find out…

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I’ll be interested in hearing if this has some impact and leads to sales for you. I’ve done a little of the same although my series and stories have not been nearly as extensive. This blog post about my latest Christmas image shares some background info on the source of the props and I decided to share a little “behind the scenes” info by showing a wider angle of the set up in my studio on the FB page. My blog and social media posts do seem to generate some increased traffic but I suspect it’s mostly family and friends at this point since my audience is still small.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.