Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveB
    DaveB
    Participant

I’ve installed and configured my Symbiostock installation and have added about 100 images. The images are all in a draft status and now I would like to assign categories to the images as well descriptions. I know how I can add categories on a bulk basis but it’s the description that I’m wondering about.

Ideally I’d like to be able to open up an image, add the description and then just click ‘next’ or something and have then next image open up and repeat the process. I currently can go to Symbiostock>All Products and select an image and add a description but the process is difficult because after I add it I need to click Publish, go back to All Products, find the next image on the page and repeat the process. When you have multiple pages, it makes the process difficult.

What is the best practice for adding descriptions multiple images? How do sites with hundreds of images handle this?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As this is completely based on WordPress’s interface, we have optimized this process by using the ‘Quick Edit’ function. There, when you click on it, you will first go to the title – click tab, then the description. Tab again, then tags.

If you want you can leave the status as is and just populate all those fields first. Then bulk publish all the files you want.

An alternative is to add this metadata to your media on your computer before uploading, then Symbiostock will import it automatically and you don’t need to do anything.

Basically this is a WordPress WooCommerce issue – so if you can find a WooCommerce plugin that allows you to bulk edit (and I’m sure you can) this will work with Symbiostock products as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.