Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I have been looking at the “who connects to whom” list at http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=61
    At first glance I find the list a bit unbalanced, some bigger sites seems to get a lot of links. Maybe they are better in marketing or their sites are running for a longer time, I don’t know.

What I did is I searched for sites that are comparable to mine, comparable in subjects and size and just linked to them.
    I find that not one single site is pointing to mine. This is making me sad.

It seems that backlinking is important and I really need more traffic!
    As the network seems to be the backbone of Symiostock:
    Anyone interested in linking to me?

Edit:
    What is the max. connections I can make? Is that 10 or 20?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I think you have to announce you are ready to be connected to – the introduction thread is quite good for this so that others know your site is live and you are ready to integrate with the network. Everyone that has a link to symbiostock.info picks up searches on your site.

Your maximum is 10 – I would recommend 9 other individual sites and symbiostock.info at the moment

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’ve added your site.

Watch the bad backlinks you might gain over time from sites other than symbiostock. This caused me a drop in traffic

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Redneck I have addad your site.
    I now have the maximum of 10 connections incl. symbiostock.info.

I just hope the “who connects to whom” list is up to date. So now I should have 1 backlink.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Just noticed on Google webmasters that I have the following links to my site. I suppose these sites have connected to my site via “Symbiostock Network – Associates and Status” tab.

This does mean that the “who connects to whom” list is outdated?

Domains Links Linked pages
    symbiostock.info 2619 149
    symbiostockphoto.com 219 76
    symbiostock.org 68 1
    raystockphotos.com 31 22
    microstockgroup.com 20 1
    google.com 15 7
    cascoly.com 12 2
    viewfactorimages.com 9 6
    kerioakimaging.com 8 7
    crackerclips.com 6 5
    imagoborealis.com 5 5
    innerstock.com 4 3
    janbronsdoka.nl 3 1
    wordpress.com 2 1
    picturebreeze.com 2 2
    txkingstock.com 2 1
    jktravelphotos.com 2 2
    dpstockphotos.com 1 1
    dogfordstudios.com 1 1
    landwehrle.com 1 1
    ajotte.com 1 1
    americastockphoto.com 1 1

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

If you link to symbiostock.info you will be linked to everyone. They will show your images in searches on their site and vice versa. And most everyone is linked to symbiostock.info already. I have verified the fact that i am linked with everyone with webmaster tools after wondering what the point was for filling out 10 slots if you can connect in one shot. Of course you can fill them out, maybe they provide additional links? I would like to hear the theory on that.

If you add a Symbiostock site directly to your network, it will help their SEO (Search Engine Optimization) on the search engines. While it doesn’t seem to make sense to help “competitors”, the converse is also true – if they add your website directly to their network, then the SEO for your website will increase. That is why this is called Symbiostock – it is a symbiotic relationship between all of the sites.

And if anyone finds this post useful, please add my website to your network!

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

The Google webmasters list I posted above are not sites that are connected to my site. I think these links are caused by symbiostock.info as the links only point to a couple of images.

Oh well, I had a hope that that were connected sites. I need more SEO!

Christine
    Participant

Maybe no one can explain because this is a completely new idea and system and no on has the experience to make an definite statements yet. My opinion it is a symbiotic relationship and by linking we help each other, if we link to 10 others and no-one links to us then we are helping the network but no-one is helping us. If lots of people link to us but we don’t link to anyone else then they are helping the network and thus us, then are we accepting that help but not giving any ?

Who knows why everyone is not filling their slots, maybe they cannot find ten sites they want to link to or don’t feel confident enough, or are still setting up or can’t be bothered or have read somewhere that some people do not think it is worth linking to others 🙂 ?

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

If you add a Symbiostock site directly to your network, it will help their SEO (Search Engine Optimization) on the search engines. While it doesn’t seem to make sense to help “competitors”, the converse is also true – if they add your website directly to their network, then the SEO for your website will increase. That is why this is called Symbiostock – it is a symbiotic relationship between all of the sites.

And if anyone finds this post useful, please add my website to your network!

I understand all of that.

What no one wants to explain is why it is any different whether you add every single person in the network by adding the sy.info link, which now gives me and everyone else who has that as a choice in their network links to 115 people, or if you add 10 people in the slots and only have links to 10. From an seo standpoint, doesnt all of us just linking to sy.info give us more juice? When someone explains why filling all those slots makes more sense, i will consider going back to filling all.

Here is an example:

Say a website has only added Symbiostock.info to their network. When Google searches that website for keywords (flower, food, etc), then the search results will show images from the main website, and images from Symbiostock.info in the network. For example, say Google is searching that website for “flower”. It will show images from that website, and then around 24 images from Symbiostock.info. What do you think the odds are that your images will show up in those 24? Probably pretty low (since there are about 117 Symbiostock web sites and around 6,790 flower images). Those 24 images that show up in the results from Symbiostock.info will then be “indexed” by Google and the websites that own those images will have their SEO increased.

But if a website adds other sites to their network (besides Symbiostock.info), then when Google searches for “flower”, those websites will always show up in the results (as long as they have images with that keyword) and their SEO will be increased.

So the bottom line is this – adding other sites helps those websites increase their SEO.

I have noticed a few people on the network dont have all slots filled. Why isnt everyone filling them?

I believe that it is because of what I stated above – It goes against common sense to help our “competition”. But if we don’t help the “competition”, then what are the odds that they will help us?

Christine
    Participant

Every time we answer a post here we are potentially helping out our competition, should we continue to spend time doing that instead of working on our own sites? If we follow it right back then Leo is helping out his competition more than any of us by creating the theme, sharing it and making it as perfect as he can.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I would like to leave the whole discussion of selfishness out of the conversation. I am only interested in the actual seo mechanics of it.

What you have explained, shazam, is what i have been looking for. I will re-read your post over the weekend and digest it. Thanks for that explanation.

As far as I can see there are 13 other sites connected to yours. You are not doing bad there!

Christine
    Participant

Cathy, you asked a question, I had a feeling you would not like my answer but would you rather be ignored or just receive answers that suit your particular beliefs? Like me and everyone else you are entitled to your own opinion and way of doing things. I have always lived by the creed that I will treat others how I would like to be treated, but something happened to me recently (nothing to do with stock) that has made me rethink that and wonder if I should treat others how they treat me instead 🙂

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

@christine wrote:

Maybe no one can explain because this is a completely new idea and system and no on has the experience to make an definite statements yet. My opinion it is a symbiotic relationship and by linking we help each other, if we link to 10 others and no-one links to us then we are helping the network but no-one is helping us. If lots of people link to us but we don’t link to anyone else then they are helping the network and thus us, then are we accepting that help but not giving any ?

Who knows why everyone is not filling their slots, maybe they cannot find ten sites they want to link to or don’t feel confident enough, or are still setting up or can’t be bothered or have read somewhere that some people do not think it is worth linking to others 🙂 ?

I haven’t filled my slots because I’m still setting up my site and then I need a chance to look around. But this thread is helpful…I didn’t even realize you could connect to Symbiostock.info.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I hate to say it but it looks to me like the whole back linking (and the Symbiostock networking idea) has become a lot less powerful or even less meaningful after Google changed its mind about how results get listed.

Incoming traffic on my site has barely anything to do with back links anymore.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.