Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of apotterdd
    apotterdd
    Participant

The plugin causing the issue is:

SYMBIOSTOCK – Emails and Notifications

I’ve got it deactivated and now it works. What changed from the version I got in August to the updated versions of that particular plugin?

Unless it was a contact form 7 update that caused the issues because I need to have the Symbiostock plugin activated.

Maybe Leo or someone else can help with this?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I *think* you are better off deactivating or finding a different contact form than deactivating the Symbiostock emails and notifications

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

I tried two other contact form, so with there is a new bug in Symbiostock (which I doubt) or the upgrade in WP created a problem. I used to get the emails instantly now it takes some time

apotterdd
    Participant

I have tried other contact forms and the results are the same. Replying to the emails replies to MY email address and it doesn’t matter which form I use plugin or html.

The SY plugin has to be the culprit causing issues since it works fine on my other site.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I guess I am using something else then, I just get an email from WP with the information, name, email and message and I just reply back using the email in the message. I use the standard WP contact form.

apotterdd
    Participant

Ron do you have Jetpack? I can’t find a default WP contact form in setting or anywhere in word press.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Yes, I do.

apotterdd
    Participant

I don’t know if I want to install that or not. Since I remember reading people having issues with it not being compatible or something. I’ll have to dig up the threads on MSG and see what was up with that and SY. I didn’t install it before since some were having issues with it and compatibility.

It just sucks that it worked before and I’ve changed nothing and it quits working.

apotterdd
    Participant

Makes me wonder if the SY code was written to be compatible with Jetpack breaking any contact form if you don’t have Jetpack installed.

I’ll try it and see what happens.

apotterdd
    Participant

Same thing is happening. Can’t reply to the email placed in the email field it only wants to reply to my email address.

I friggen give up!

apotterdd
    Participant

I disabled the jetpack plugin since it still doesn’t work and does the same thing so I reactivated CF7.

Beyond frustrated right now. Nothing works even forms outside of the wordpress doesn’t work.

apotterdd
    Participant

I just clicked submit twice so not sure if you got the email or not since the text I typed into the boxes are still there after pressing submit.

apotterdd
    Participant

I don’t even get your email address sent by that form just name and no email.

apotterdd
    Participant

No I didn’t try to register just typed into the fields. I’ll try registering to see what happens.

apotterdd
    Participant

Once I registered it sent. Should probably put some text on that page stating that you must be registered to use this form or something like that.

Thing is I used to be able to click reply and the To area of my email would be the email address that was put into the form. I no longer get that email address when someone sends a message through the contact form.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.