Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of apotterdd
    apotterdd
    Participant

Having a major issue with it. Instead of replying to the email the user puts in your replies only get sent to you.

I don’t know what’s going on with it but it was working fine up until two weeks ago when I tried to reply to someone they never got it only I did.

So is there a different contact form that’s working out there that actually replies to the sender and not to the receiver?

Thanks.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I have used this for ages and it used to work.

I tested it this evening and it no longer gives me the e-mail of the user who sent the message!

I found a number of threads on this – it appears to be widespread, but people are saying it’s to do with certain hosting companies and what mailing stuff WordPress included with the 3.6 and 3.7 upgrades (apparently some out of date files went out).

I haven’t sorted out a fix for me (I have a Bluehost hosted site) but here are the discussions I found

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-36-doesnt-work-with-cf7

http://wordpress.shadowlantern.com/how-to-make-contact-form-7-work-on-bluehost/

http://savorywatt.com/2012/10/10/fix-contact-form-7-not-working-with-dreamhost/

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I followed the instructions in the third link (savorywatt) and things are now working correctly again – I see the name and address of the sender and I can reply to their message.

apotterdd
    Participant

I upgraded to WP 3.7.1 and still have the same problem. I’m on byethost and it’s kinda late here so I’ll look at it again tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes to see if I can’t get it sorted out on my end.

The weird thing is that on my main site and not my subdomain it works properly. Which now makes it equally perplexing as to what’s causing this issue for me.

*edit*

It works on the main domain with both the plugin and wordpress updated to current versions but not the same on my subdomain that are also with current versions.

apotterdd
    Participant

This issue is NOT resolved! Subdomain still doesn’t work properly.

Whoever the *bleep* marked this as resolved didn’t read my post properly. I’m still having the issue where the reply to the contact email goes to me and not the email of the person that sent the message through the contact form.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I’m a moderator, but I didn’t change the title of this. You should be able to edit your original post to change the title yourself if you aren’t able to get things working using the steps in those links.

apotterdd
    Participant

I didn’t edit my original to resolved I don’t put that on there unless it is resolved. So I have no idea who did it but I sure don’t appreciate it.

I’m currently searching for a different form since I really don’t want to mess with core WordPress files. I haven’t found one that works nor suits my needs. It’s just frustrating that it works on my main site and not on my sub-domain anymore.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I just tested my own site and this also happens. I honestly don’t know how to even begin fixing this. It did work a few weeks ago.

Jo

apotterdd
    Participant

All of those links are about emails from the contact form not being sent and it’s not just with this form but with the three other ones I tried out. No way to reply to the originator of the contact.

My main site uses a different theme and it works fine. I’m wondering if it’s a SY theme related issue. I tested it with the original SY theme from when I started and it was fine. I did not check it with my current version of 2.5.6 since I presumed that I wouldn’t have to.

I might end up writing a separate form outside of WP to see if that works.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

It was me, I am so sorry for upsetting you so that you have to bleep.

I changed it after I saw Jo Ann’s post where she had got it working correctly and not your later message. I will wait until daylight to edit anything in future.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Ok I just reverted back to the standard way to create a form and gives you the persons email. Just change it back for the time being. 😀

http://www.symbioguides.com/getting-started/initial-setup-menus/

Just make sure you are not logged in as yourself when testing or it may auto fill in your own details.

Jo

Edit: I think the plugin just needs an update after the latest WordPress updates. Keep it installed and wait to be notified of the update.

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

works still good here; i use the “Add contactform” which is in the page on SYS.
    WP 3.7.1 on Bluehost; SYS 2.6.5

apotterdd
    Participant

I don’t use jetpack so that won’t work for me.

It’s just pretty stupid that it works on one part of my site but not another.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@apotterdd wrote:

I don’t use jetpack so that won’t work for me.

It’s just pretty stupid that it works on one part of my site but not another.

Well, then my source of help has run dry. I hope you find another suitable plugin.

Jo

apotterdd
    Participant

I’m going to deactivate all my other plugins to see if that fixes it.

*Edit*

It’s a plugin causing the problem going to activate one by one to see which one it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.