Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@simi wrote:

Thanks Jo Rodrigues , for checking out ,
    I just changed code from content-image.php of child theme , added my customized changes in main theme content-image.php , and re uploaded it to child theme folder , and now it is working out , hurry 🙂 , Thanks Ajt and Leo , Its Awesome feature , Thanks Jo Rodrigues.

Regards
    Simi

My pleasure! I’m also interested to try because I want this feature for myself. I just need some time to sort my stuff.

I registered in order to download the file and I downloaded it as a medium size “1669-medium” by clicking on the “Get File” button. The prices are still there though! It is a little confusing to have a Free button at the top and then our normal Pay/Download button below.

I’m thinking I want it to be REALLY clear this is a free file. I don’t want it to “look” like a spam type of thing just to get people there and then they think they still have to pay.

I haven’t tried it on my end so I’m only reporting what I am seeing on your site as a “customer” hehe.

If you want, you can delete my user registration. I only set it up to test for you (and me)!

Jo

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

I registered in order to download the file and I downloaded it as a medium size “1669-medium” by clicking on the “Get File” button. The prices are still there though! It is a little confusing to have a Free button at the top and then our normal Pay/Download button below.

I’m thinking I want it to be REALLY clear this is a free file.
    Jo

File is “free for non-commercial use”. I think it is clear 🙂
    If someone plans to use it commercially, has to buy.
    But if you don’t want prices, edit file and make it “not live”.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

File is “free for non-commercial use”. I think it is clear 🙂
    If someone plans to use it commercially, has to buy.
    But if you don’t want prices, edit file and make it “not live”.

Oh I see. I understand the logic. I was originally just thinking of having free files that wouldn’t be “bought”. I was going to put some restrictions on the use of the free files of course.

Jo

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

I just added free images to my site (I decided to use the small size for it):

http://www.flashstockphoto.com/image-type/symbiostock-free-images/

Thanks a lot for this feature, I really like it 🙂

I’m curious whether it will generate traffic or sales.

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@simi wrote:

Thanks Jo Rodrigues , for checking out ,
    I just changed code from content-image.php of child theme , added my customized changes in main theme content-image.php , and re uploaded it to child theme folder , and now it is working out , hurry 🙂 , Thanks Ajt and Leo , Its Awesome feature , Thanks Jo Rodrigues.

Regards
    Simi

My pleasure! I’m also interested to try because I want this feature for myself. I just need some time to sort my stuff.

I’m thinking I want it to be REALLY clear this is a free file. I don’t want it to “look” like a spam type of thing just to get people there and then they think they still have to pay.

I haven’t tried it on my end so I’m only reporting what I am seeing on your site as a “customer” hehe.

If you want, you can delete my user registration. I only set it up to test for you (and me)!

Jo

Thanks Jo , thanks for registering , and thanks for test 🙂 , Jo Rodrigues , earlier even i thought of keeping clear free image concept , and for some images i will follow this way , and some images i will keep pricing as well , hence if user want to it for commercial use than they have to buy. to Make the image yoast green , i am following long description methodology , given by symbio members , so in description i have mentioned this ” This image is free for non commercial use , for commercial user user need to purchase this image” , some other bad quality image i will keep completely clear and free 🙂 , by making all the prices “Not Available”

Regards
    Simi

JoRodrigues
    Participant

One idea that just came to the front of my head again from this discussion is that for some images it might be great to be able to make certain sizes free.

I know everyone is going to jump down my throat but money isn’t always made by charging for everything. To use a current example. I’ve just finished my second book and will publish it shortly. My first book was a work of nearly 10 years and a lifetime of experience. The second book isn’t as long but it is a great passion of mine.

The first book is for sale but the second one will be given away for free. I’m a new author (much like some of us in the stock industry) so I need people to know my abilities. My first work of fiction will also be free. Am I crazy to give away 2 books out of my first 4 planned/published ones? No! I need readers more than I need books for sale.

The first fiction will have carry over characters into following books so this is like an appetiser. Similarly I feel if we have some free content and some images have (for example) a free bloggee image up for grabs, it should be noticed on Google.

As photographers/illustrators our first reaction is HÉLL NO! I’m not giving my hard work away! I tend to agree with it (which is why I still haven’t gotten around to sorting out most of my photos for sale). Unless we are well-known, we are just drops in the ocean. Give people a reason to visit your site. Some people will only come for the free stuff, but they give you credibility and stats as far as search engines go. One hand washes the other!

Give a little is what I say 😀

Jo

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

Great idea Jo , earlier i was planning to something like that , by making respective size 0 , if user select size and price is 0 along with category “free image” , user will get “GET” button , but that was scrapped 🙁 , and in between ajt solution delighted me :-).

btw i have selected medium size for free earlier , now i am thinking to move it to small size , jsfoto selected small size , i think small size would be a good deal to give it free of cost.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

I still stick my vote in “free image section” only for who has already bought some image, in other words, my customer. So I would give it if my customer already bought for example 10* images and I would give one for free at his/her choice.
    (*) In the back-end/plug-in would set the number of images to buy to get the free one for free, example: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.
    After this customer getting the free image, it would reset the counter and start over.
    Also in the back-end would set if the promotion keeps going or have a limit, so would set::
    [ ] life for every x images bought;
    [ ] x times;
    [ ] never – Do not provide such promotion.
    The plug-in would send an email warning, if you buy one more image you’re ready to get one for free and so on.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@lucato wrote:

I still stick my vote in “free image section” only for who has already bought some image, in other words, my customer. So I would give it if my customer already bought for example 10* images and I would give one for free at his/her choice.
    (*) In the back-end/plug-in would set the number of images to buy to get the free one for free, example: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.
    After this customer getting the free image, it would reset the counter and start over.
    Also in the back-end would set if the promotion keeps going or have a limit, so would set::
    [ ] life for every x images bought;
    [ ] x times;
    [ ] never – Do not provide such promotion.
    The plug-in would send an email warning, if you buy one more image you’re ready to get one for free and so on.

I think this is a fantastic idea too. I’ve often thought about a rewards system as you have mentioned above. It would be a great plugin or SymbioStock feature.

In my case, with not a single sale, I mainly need people to visit and get some interest going so offering some free images would help. Unfortunately I also don’t currently have many files up. I hope to find some time to change that in the next few months.

Jo

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.