Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

woo-commerce can handle websites with a large amount of images. I would like to ask if this is the same for Symbiostock? Is there a maximum amount of images? Will the search function slow down with many images in the Symbiostock shop?

Profile photo of Mark Phillips
    Mark Phillips
    Participant

I’m not sure you mean that woo-commerce photography can handle “a large amount of images”. I was unable to find in the documentation what that number is. I think both woo-commerce and Symbiostock store digital products in the database, so the search function is probably related to the number of records in the database and how it searches. this said, we’ve been running Symbiostock with about 5k images and its been both stable and fast. I think they key difference is that Symbiostock is special purpose image workflow for selling a variety for format / image qualities, where woo-commerce photography is appending a downloadable product to their store. Anyway, this product rocks.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

There are some sites with a large amount of products but I would have to seach for them. Quote: on a basic level, WooCommerce can hold 1 million products with some changes to storage.
    The real question you want to ask is around order processing.
    You can have 1 million products loaded on your site and 1 sale a day, your site will have hardly any problems as long as you don’t load many products on each page the customer visits.

In other words my question could be if I have one million photos and a few orders per day, would this be doable?

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi,

Maybe External Images from Wpintense would be an option:

https://www.wpintense.com/product/external-images/#reviews

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Symbiostock has been developed to be expandable as everything is done seqientially by the processor. We have tested it with a million records and it works fine. However WordPress and Woocommerce add a lot of database records for each product so it’s s more about database processing than file storage.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.