Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

Today’s WP Beginner blog post has to do with alternatives to Paypal. Some of them do sound interesting.

Here’s that post if you haven’t seen it: http://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/5-paypal-alternatives-for-freelancers-to-collect-payments-in-wordpress/

We all know SYS comes with Paypal capabilities built in, but… would we be able to add any of these other options if we wanted to?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I saw that e-mail too, but I didn’t see anything wonderful in their list – they talked about PayPal fees being a little high but then mentioned an offering with a fee almost double PayPal’s

Other than Google Wallet, I’ve never been offered any of the other options they mentioned at any site I’ve shopped at (and I do a ton of my personal shopping/business online).

I’m not a fan of anything with monthly fees or with fees based on how many items you have for sale – that would really add to our overhead which isn’t what we need in a startup phase.

I think we have a real issue for those countries where they can’t use PayPal – there was a site owner from India who said that purchases from within India were not possible via PayPal because of some banking rules, for example. It would be nice to have an option to offer there.

As far as adding in other plugins, that’d mean some code changes in Symbiostock – don’t know how easy/hard, but I think it’d be pretty localized.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.