Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I know there’s a limit to how many sites we can network with, but I don’t understand why

(a) I see 11 slots on my WP admin panel tab for Networking but I only (apparently) get the first 10 in my network. I looked at the author page on my site to see that only 10 show there:

http://www.digitalbristles.com/author/joannadmin/

(b) You get no error message if you add a site and there aren’t any free slots – the last one in the list just gets removed as the new one is added.

(c) there is no visual clue you have open slots (or don’t) when you go to add a new site

I’d prefer the limit be removed, but if the limit is to stay, I’d like it to:

– Say “3/10 network partners added”
    – Warn me if I try to add more sites than allowed so I can choose which one to remove vs. just bumping the last one
    – Keep a list of sites I have removed from my network lists

What would be the issues with allowing more sites?

Given how speedy Andrzej’s global search is, wouldn’t an option be to show search results from all your network partners as a single additional group, without segregating them by site the way they are now? I know this is a suggestion versus an issue with current functionality, but as we add more sites, it seems we might need a new way to display a larger number of network partners (if we’re allowed more than 10 at some point)

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

it’s an artificial limit, and I agree, it should be based on search & response time

eg, allowing more networked sites would let us finetune the search – linking with many more compatible sites, rather than searching the entire network (thru symbiostock.info) and displaying only a few of the results

perhaps this could be another feature of the pro version?

Profile photo of Lusoimages
    Lusoimages
    Participant

I agree.

Although I do not have 10 sites in my network it feels a bit limited, unless it creates search speed problems.

Where I fully agree is on how the network results are displayed. It would be great to have a single group of images instead of the sliding bars. I think the way it’s shown currently may be confusing for potential buyers not familiar with the symbiostock project.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

the sliding bars are redundant, since it also shows below that there are additional pages of images if there are more than 5

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

I think that I would like to see just one result set (for both my images and everyone else’s). This would be just like the major agencies. My images would be displayed first of course, followed by everyone else’s.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Profile photo of Lusoimages
    Lusoimages
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

I think that I would like to see just one result set (for both my images and everyone else’s). This would be just like the major agencies. My images would be displayed first of course, followed by everyone else’s.

I agree, maybe just creating a thin separation or something between our images and the others.

Alamy has in the Creative Tab something like that. If someone searches in that tab the first results are from the creative collection. Under the last line of images in that collection we see:

End of Creative

Start of sort based on relevancy:

From here we can see the rest of the images that fit the search but aren’t included in the Creative collection. Except for that small but relevant marker the thumbnails are displayed as a group.

We could have something like:

End of results in StockPhotosArt

StockPhotosArt network results

End of StockPhotosArt network results

Symbiostock network general results

Something in this line.

The closest we can get to the look and feel the regular stock agencies the better since buyers are more than used to how things work in ALL of them.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@shazamimages wrote:

we’re different from the agencies in that we’re trying to promote the network, so separate listings seem appropriate

also, if all are mixed in, how do you display multiple pages? do you display 24 of 100 from the host site, then 5 each from 10 other sites that each have 50 images? what would a ‘next page’ show?

the current display is a good compromise, just needs the little tweak to turn off automatic scrolling so that it’s less distracting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.