Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Nate – did you miss my fix? You were posting code right after I posted the fix.

As far as the borders, you would need to modify CSS to remove them (and I included a link to my CSS changes a few posts back, but mine apply to Dragonfly so wouldn’t be identical)

Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

Jo Ann,

OH!

I DID miss that fix you posted! Sorry about that!

I switched it out with the new code, and it works. THANK YOU!! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me on this. It looks just how I want it now.

Thanks!
    Nate

Snap Vectors
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

I really like the looks of that! Nice work. Will you take it out of the top part then, or leave both?

Cathy,

I just decided I am going to keep the search bar at the top as well. Why? Because when a customer leaves the homepage to go to a post or image page, I still need a search bar for them to use.

Nate

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Not sure if I’ll leave it this way, but I’ve modified header.php so that it drops the search control in the menu bar only on the front page. Other pages keep it.

There are two areas in this section that I modified to add a check that it isn’t the front page – see the jas begin and jas end comments for the two modified pieces

Edited Nov 14 to correct the test for the front page. It was excluding too much code resulting in no login button on the home page.

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Nice! I like that!

Also, I noticed that the corners on your search bar and button are square. Is that any easy thing to modify in the CSS?

Thanks!
    Nate

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@Snap Vectors wrote:

…I noticed that the corners on your search bar and button are square. Is that any easy thing to modify in the CSS?

Yes. See this for the complete mods

http://www.symbiostock.org/post/4860/#p4860

But you want to change the border radius to 0px for the various containers, panels and fields. For CleanTheme, you’ll probably want to put this in via the Appearance -> Edit CSS editor and you may need to add some classes if something is missed

/* Generally we avoid border-radius in the Dragonfly theme */
    .btn, .well, .panel, .panel-heading, .thumb, .thumbnail, img, input{
    -webkit-border-radius: 0px !important;
    -moz-border-radius: 0px !important;
    -o-border-radius: 0px !important;
    border-radius: 0px !important;
    }

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.