Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michal B
    Michal B
    Participant

It’s better than it was but still not there…

If a customer just wants to see the price, he instantly gets the popup, it’s irritating from a customer perspective. Not to mention choosing Extended licence after adding an image to the cart in very confusing and I’ve not seen that way anywhere else.
    Why not creating Add to the Cart button ?

AND the Clean theme is probably not compatible with the new version. It totally messed up my site……

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Child themes need to be turned off to see what the new theme does, then turned on to see what changes and what needs removing. I had to do my child theme from scratch (I do not use clean them).

It would be more logical if you selected your size, then the licence licence then click the button at the bottom to add it to the cart. Then the login area with your name and cart icon at the top of the page then takes you to the cart, this is how most sites work.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of gow27
    gow27
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

@christine wrote:

Leo – have you seen my post – the confirmation works but you can no long choose any licence other than standard with this latest version

I dont have this problem, it seems to work ok for me.

I do notice it can take up to 8 seconds for a selected image to be added to the cart. Thats a bit long.

I am seeing the same thing as Christine. I choose the extended license and then the size image. It does not add the additional cost of extended and when I add it to the cart the license shows as the “default” when I clearly chose the “Extended” for purchase.

I am having the same problem, maybe I will wait until Leo is done with the final upgrading.

and another opinion from the “customer” (or even user) aspect, the pop-up that always show every time you just want to see the price is somehow… quite irritating.

With respect

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I think the logical progression would be you select your various options and then the button says add to your cart. When you click on it, it adds your selection and options to the cart. As a consumer that is what I would expect to happen. It doesn’t need to be a popup confirmation just that it ONLY gets added to the cart once you click on the big button below that currently says “Download ($0.00)”.

Profile photo of gow27
    gow27
    Participant

I suggest that we should put the button “add to cart” along side with the “checkout” (or downloading) at the bottom of the price table

So when the customer want to buy any image he/she can just click “add to cart” and the money will summarize in the checkout or downloading button like the old one. And with this, they can just travel through the web and buy as many as they want without confusing.

Michal B
    Participant

I agree with gow27
    Leo, please do something about that ! And please make this upgrade compatible with Clean Theme, cause now it screws up the whole site!!

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I think clean theme needs to be made compatible with Symbiostock, not the other way around

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Definitely, we don’t all use clean theme ! 🙂

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of pixelsonthego
    pixelsonthego
    Participant

I know that Amanda and Leo are in contact to solve all the issue

Michal B
    Participant

I meant making Clean Theme compatible with Symbiostock, not the other way round of course 😉

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

I think the logical progression would be you select your various options and then the button says add to your cart. When you click on it, it adds your selection and options to the cart. As a consumer that is what I would expect to happen. It doesn’t need to be a popup confirmation just that it ONLY gets added to the cart once you click on the big button below that currently says “Download ($0.00)”.

I would also like to have the ability of a cart without needing a user, but the issue seem to be that the cart is tied to a user. So you can’t have a cart at this point without a customer registering / logging in.

Michal B
    Participant

In general, the best option from the best would be a possiblity to pay and download instantly, without the obligation to register and cart things….

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

I would also like to have the ability of a cart without needing a user, but the issue seem to be that the cart is tied to a user. So you can’t have a cart at this point without a customer registering / logging in.

I think it is this way so that you can track transactions. If person X says he/she paid for something and never received it then the transaction was anonymous and it makes it more difficult to see if someone has a valid claim or just taking chances.

I am also in two minds about it. It’s great because people just come and go and you don’t have to bother with registrations but in reality all the agencies require that you register. So I suspect that it’s one of those necessary evils 🙂

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m going to disable this feature and improve it slightly. In this case 1 step forward gave 2 steps back. I’d rather make a more targeted solution than this lame-o javascript addition which gums up the works. Thanks for your patience.

Profile photo of gow27
    gow27
    Participant

Thank you for your effort Leo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.