Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michal B
    Michal B
    Participant

There’s a thing that hasn’t been probably mentioned but I believe is really irritating for a customer.
    When a customer clicks on the prices next to a photo (not even clicking download) the image automatically adds to the shopping cart. It’s really quite irritating when a customer only wants to see a full price, for instance for the extended licence. A better idea would definitely be to have a button “Add to the cart” and only after clicking that, the image would be added to the cart.

Is there now any way to make it work like this ?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Maybe a confirmation pop-up?

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@michal B wrote:

There’s a thing that hasn’t been probably mentioned but I believe is really irritating for a customer.
    When a customer clicks on the prices next to a photo (not even clicking download) the image automatically adds to the shopping cart. It’s really quite irritating when a customer only wants to see a full price, for instance for the extended licence. A better idea would definitely be to have a button “Add to the cart” and only after clicking that, the image would be added to the cart.

Yes, this I do agree with too. Plus you can add stuff into your cart without realising it.

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Plus you can add stuff into your cart without realising it.

Jo

Yeah, thats the whole idea! 😀

Profile photo of Michal B
    Michal B
    Participant

I’m not quite sure how it would look but definitely would be better than this instant adding as it is now.

Plus, a costumer sees the price for the whole cart when he looks at the other file. It’s confusing cause it seems like the total price is the price for one image currently viewed!

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@leo wrote:

@jorodrigues wrote:

Plus you can add stuff into your cart without realising it.

Jo

Yeah, thats the whole idea! 😀

Whatcha sayin’? I’m too honest? LOL!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ll address both of these issues today if I can. Thank you very much for pointing them out. Yes, it appears the product in question is 2-times the price – if I simply change it to “cart” by default, there will be less wonder.

Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

@michal B wrote:

I very much agree with this sentiment. No website that I’ve ever shopped at works this way. It confused the heck out of me when I first set up my site until I figured it out what it was doing. Not many customers are going to put time and effort into understanding that an item is automatically added to cart when a size is selected. The sales flow needs to be setup so that it is completely intuitive to anyone who’s ever bought anything online before.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I have mentioned before that the image toggle needs to be able to be toggled on and off. Now once you click a price the image is selected. and you need to go to the cart to delete it.

Profile photo of gow27
    gow27
    Participant

I totally agree with this. Yesterday, I was trying to fix this for the whole night, thinking that I do something wrong.

Now I will wait for the update 🙂

This is really a serious issue for customer and me.

thank you very much

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Confirmation popup added on recent version. Just see the usual thread or hit update.

Download here:
    https://github.com/orangeman555/symbiostock/blob/metamorphosis/symbiostock.zip?raw=true

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

PS you can see it working on my site.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Confirmation popup added on recent version. Just see the usual thread or hit update.

Download here:
    https://github.com/orangeman555/symbiostock/blob/metamorphosis/symbiostock.zip?raw=true

Hi Leo, which version is that?

Can you name the version in the file name, it would be less confusing?

Thanks, going to update now. Will report back.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home3/semmickp/public_html/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/

Theme install failed.

I am on 277 now but the pop up doesnt show up and the theme you linked to is failing to install

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I expect it will always be the latest one so it will change with each update anyway

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.