Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hi,

How can I activate the review function in Symbiostock Express? I’ve activated it in the WC settings but it doesn’t show up in the theme’s frontend. I would like to give my customers the opportunity to leave comments for the photos.

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Mark:

Do you mean in the products?  If so, I don’t think or know if that is possible.  There might be a plugin for WooCommerce that would allow that.  However, would you want anyone to post anything there when you are trying to make sales?

If you want comments in posts, that is a WordPress thing and can be easily turned on or off.

George

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hi George,

Reviews are a standard function in Wooommerce but there is no review tab in Symbiostock Express.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Mark,

I do not recall seeing any setting to turn reviews on in Products.  What I might try, if it were important to me, would be to change the theme temporary to WordPress default.  Then I’d check to see if the reviews were there.  That would tell me where to look for the solution.  Don’t know if that helps or not, but might be something for you to consider. Perhaps someone else will have a better answer for you.

George

Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi, Mark,

If you open the product page in admin dashboard, and scroll to “Product Data” you find a tab “Advanced”.

There you find a checkbox for “Enable reviews”. Check it and make sure that worpress comments are also activated in general WP settings.

Chris

George Sheldon
    Participant

Hey Chris,

Are reviews the same as comments?  I was thinking reviews are things like where you put a rating )stars_ and recommendations, likes, etc.

George

Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

You’re right George, Reviews and comments are not the same but I’ve read somewhere that reviews are not always possible if  comments are not enabled in wordpress.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hi,

Reviews are enabled for products. If I switch to a default WordPress theme I can see the review tab. It seems that the review tab is not developed into the the Symbiostock Express theme, it isn’t even in your demo.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I searched Google with these words “wordpress plugin product reviews woocommerce” and found some plugins.

George

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hi George,

I don’t think you understand what I mean. In your theme Symbiostock Express there is no tab for “Reviews”, customer’s can’t leave a review for images. I’ve installed to WC review plugins but they don’t show up in the frontend because it is not a feature of Symbiostock Express.

Reviews are a basic function in WooCommerce, you can have a look here in the WooCommerce demo: http://demo.woothemes.com/storefront/product/lowepro-slingshot-edge-250-aw/

George Sheldon
    Participant

Mark,

Since you’ve already tried other reviews plugins, perhaps someone else will have another idea for you.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You are correct Mark – this was removed from Symbiostock Express as the removal of individual image reviews seemed to be a common request. We will look into enabling this in the future.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.