Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

One of my customer got a problem to download the file after payment. Maybe they did not saw the download link or there is no download link. I tried to see his checkout order page but there is no download link there. What I did is to send them the file through e-mail.

As I see the download link is really hard to notice. Maybe we can make some improvements by making it more bigger or in any other way to make it more noticeable. It is only a suggestion anyway.

Customer Checkout PageSample Checkout Page

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it – usually the email is where the download link is provided. Did he check his email?

amazeindesign
    Participant

Thanks Robin. As what he said to me he did not received any emails. I test download the same file by changing the amount to zero as you see in the 2nd image above and I did not received e-mail.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Okay, just looked at our mail log:

1) An email receipt was sent to your customer on Nov 17, 2015 9:14 pm. This was successfully sent (in other words, if the customer did not see it, it may have been missed or in a spam folder, or they provided the wrong email address). This also included the download links. It appears they did not open or click on this email.

2) Any and all emails that the PLUS servers sent to your yahoo.com address were rejected by Yahoo. This is the error they sent back:

Message not accepted for policy reasons. See https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN7253.html

It may be because the ‘sent from’ email address in your WooCommerce settings are the same as the main notification email. This means that Yahoo will receive an email that is from ‘yourname@yahoo.com’ to ‘yourname@yahoo.com’. Accordingly, they may reject it because they think it is spam.

You should try to change it so order notifications and what not go to one email address, and if you place an order you do it from another email address. Give that a test and see if it works.

As it is, your customer received all necessary emails. Why they did not see it, I’m not sure. I just ran a test on my own site and I received the order download email via Gmail just fine.

amazeindesign
    Participant

Thank you Robin. Much appreciated!

amazeindesign
    Participant

Now I found solution on this. I change my e-mail in Woocommerce under Email Option from yahoo to gmail and I can now receive the download link and the new order notification from woocommerce.

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Hi amazeindesign,

Could you please tell me if you figured out how to make appear the Download link in the Checkout page immediately after a payment has been completed?

Download link in Checkout pageThanks in advance

amazeindesign
    Participant

Same thing until now. Sometimes download link shows sometimes not. When I test download my files, the download link only shows after checkout. That’s why I make sure customers receive the email to download the file. Maybe we can ask symbiostock team regarding this issue.

Profile photo of Ronald
    Ronald
    Participant

Thanks a lot amazeindesign, it would be great to have a solution on this!

Profile photo of Tomas
    Tomas
    Participant

Hi there. I have simmilar problem. Testing my page with paypal sandbox, recieved the mail with download link but there is “page not found” info on my web but woocommerce told that file has been downloaded. How could I solve this?

my site: http://fotohilger.cz/fotobanka/

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/download-link/page/4/

Please follow the instructions regarding the WooCommerce setting.

Then allow the processor to send out the completed emails.

Profile photo of Tomas
    Tomas
    Participant

Thank u Robin. It was problem with cron. my provider allows cron once per hour

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

No worries. Always server related. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.