Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Site Percent of Unique Visits
    1. symbiostock.org 24.7%
    2. microstockgroup.com 17.8%
    3. google.com 11.0%

Not bad me thinks.

Also, I have climed up to 500k in the rating. Which is an increase of 1.9m in the last 3 months.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

congrats! and to all the others who keep climbing! the sym sites have really improved in a short time

http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=66

meanwhile, my non-sym cascoly site has climbed 3 million spots over the last 6 months – mostly due to links with sym sites. now sitting at 360K

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Not excatly know what a Alexa position is but you are doing it way better than me. I see you at 500000 and me at 4.2 million. Massive difference!

What are you doing good and what am I doing bad?
    Any tips?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

My symbiostock site is one month and 15 days old and my rankings are

Global Rank 1,233,932
    Rank in United States 270,279

which is only a little lower than my site that has been around for a few years
    Global rank 1,134,937

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@jan wrote:

Not excatly know what a Alexa position is but you are doing it way better than me. I see you at 500000 and me at 4.2 million. Massive difference!

What are you doing good and what am I doing bad?
    Any tips?

My site is 4 months old. I have kept it clean and simple. I have a blog, and I post my url on various sites. You need to get your link out there, and you need people to get talking and linking to your site. Talk on boards and forums and link your site. Dont spam, just when its appropriate. Also a blog with comments will help. I have done a reasonable SEO, but nothing special.

I think the blog and my pages is the most important factor, as it gives the site readable content.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

http://www.alexa.com/

It analyses the traffic to your site. You can test any site there.

Jo

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

We are discussing Alexa ranking??

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Global Rank

Rank in United States

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

My site is still a relative newbie, but its ranking is currently:

Global Rank 863,357
    Rank in United States 153,492

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

I really appreciate how my ranking is developing. When I had a first look on it (I guess it was in June) I was somewhere around 27,000,000 and quite shocked as almost all other symbiostock sites had a better ranking.

This is what Alexa says now:

Global Rank 867,157
    Rank in United States 262,588

and what makes me wonder (and happy):
    Rank in Spain 84,146

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

My site is still a relative newbie, but its ranking is currently:

Global Rank 863,357
    Rank in United States 153,492

Thats very interesting.

I have a better global ranking, but you have a better US ranking. I promote my site mainly to Irish and Dutch people and of course US people, but your US footprint is definitely bigger than mine, and I might have slightly bigger EU footprint than you. Which makes sense, explaining my higher global ranking and your higher USA ranking. But I could be completely wrong 🙂

Profile photo of Lusoimages
    Lusoimages
    Participant

Just checked my Alexa ranking and I’m at a fabulous 17,391,391! LOL

Well, to be fair my site only has a little more than a week, it’s still missing 8.000 photos and not advertised it yet. 🙂

What I’d like to know is if people around here have an account in alexa, and if it exists a free option since I could not find one.

Or are you just checking regularly?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

you don’t need an account to get your numbers, but alexa does offer a ‘pro’ version with more details

your alexa info is tracked in your symbiocard file and I show a summary is at http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=66

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@lusoimages wrote:

Just checked my Alexa ranking and I’m at a fabulous 17,391,391! LOL

Well, to be fair my site only has a little more than a week, it’s still missing 8.000 photos and not advertised it yet. 🙂

What I’d like to know is if people around here have an account in alexa, and if it exists a free option since I could not find one.

Or are you just checking regularly?

There is a free option where you put a code snippet in your header.php file. You have then “claimed” your site à la Google Webmaster Tools.

AFAICT, this doesn’t give you anything over and above the metrics you see by just typing your URL in the box on the Alexa site. You can add a few text items like a site description though.

The next option up is $9.99 per month with a few extra metrics available. More expensive options are available but they are for sites with mahoosive traffic stats.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.