Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Share example of your widget implementations here. I, myself, am not very good at manipulating themes from the front end so I’d love to see how you guys have implemented it on your sites.

Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

For the moment mine is very simple 🙂

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

I use the widget on my search page. Here is example: https://henri.photo/?s=flower

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Wow Henri – that looks awesome. Your fits in very well to your site too Cristina.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

See this one:

https://henri.photo/?s=dress

This is where the network kicks in. A customer on Henri’s site doesn’t find what he/she is looking for, but can then immediately jump to Cristina’s site because the images are so enticing!

innerstock
    Participant

Hello.

Yes, The Symzio looks nice in your sites 🙂

But it dont work on my site. If I search for “apple” noting comes up? I think I found out. I cant use the widget from Visual Editor toolbar.

I see you others have the Symzio hidden in front site, could I also do it? How?

One more thing, I would prefer not having all the descriptions coming up during search on my site, how can I fix this?

innerstock
    Participant

Sorry it should be pagebuilder, not visual editor

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Cristina,

The widget has a bunch of options  to alter how it works. I haven’t had a chance to add documentation yet, so it’s not your fault.

The best way to figure out what the different options do is to add it as a widget using the widget admin section then try the different settings to get an idea. You can also disable the descriptions that way (there is a checkbox)

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

I’ve just given the Symzio widget a trial run as can be seen here at Nomadicimagery, on all product pages, don’t know if it will be staying there at the moment, just getting a feel for it. I used the Hardcode method and put it in a php file.

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hard code won’t be as efficient as it isn’t finding the relevant images unless you PHP that into the URL. But still, doesn’t look bad!

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Here is method 4 for adding the Symzio Search Widget:
    <?php echo do_shortcode('[symzio-search-widget w=260 h=200 type=search max=9 id=mysymziowidget1]'); ?>
    I think it is better than the hardcode version, because it will find images related to page.

Profile photo of franky242
    franky242
    Participant

Stupid question (maybe) – how do I implement the symzio widget using Symbiostock Express 1.06 ?

Thanks, cheers, Frank

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Appearance > Widgets and you can put it in any of the widget areas.

Alternatively, use the shortcode available on the Symbiostock > Symzio tab.

I haven’t written docs on what all the settings mean yet, but it’s pretty configurable. Maybe someone else can pipe in for a good recommendation on where to put it and how with Symbiostock Express.

Profile photo of franky242
    franky242
    Participant

Hi Robin, Appearance-> Widgets was my first guess as well and I tried before, however could not find any area that might make sense – Home Widget Area was the only one I could imagine but after dragging the widget there, nothing happened. For implementing the short code, I guess I need to access the pages sourcecode in the editor – which I wanted to avoid hence I went for the Express theme. Any plans to implement the Symzio functionality in the template one day?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The short code does not go in the code editor – you can put that anywhere in WordPress. In a post, in a product, anywhere, and it will show up.

As for the widget placement – I’ll ask Dawn about that. I think I’m going to be adding a lot more widget areas to Express in the future as it seems somewhat limited right now, but in the meantime, using the shortcode and current widget areas should work fine.

Just tinker with it – I’m sure you’ll find something that works.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.