Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Hi!

I have a problem that when I publish or edit product pages I sometimes get following error messages (or similar to that):

The downloadable file 364-365-jpg cannot be used as it does not exist on the server.
    The downloadable file 364-366-jpg cannot be used as it does not exist on the server.
    The downloadable file 364-367-jpg cannot be used as it does not exist on the server.
    The downloadable file 364-368-jpg cannot be used as it does not exist on the server.
    The downloadable file 364-369-jpg cannot be used as it does not exist on the server.

When I tried to purchase those images I don’t get a download link. However, I can find those files from ss_media folder and sometimes publishing that page again fixes the problem.

Another problem that I had was that after updating to new Symbiostock version 1.2.5 from version 1.2.4 my watermark was deleted and I have to upload it again. So are these problems on my server or on the plugin?

Best regards
    Henri

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

I think that I found solution. Increasing PHP Memory for WordPress by adding define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96M' ); to wp-config.php seems to be fixing this problem. Is there any documentation what are the recommend settings for memory limits etc for Symbiostock?

Still I don’t know why my watermark was deleted when I upgraded Symbiostock plugin.

Best regards
    Henri

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Henri,

As the download files are managed by Symbiostock, you need to run the processor in order for for the download links to be populated. This is why it is recommended you leave it on an automatic schedule to run once a minute so that after you add images the links are automatically created. The only way the error you are seeing can happen is if you upload files and immediately try to buy and download them before running the processor.

As for the watermark issue, I know why that is happening and it’s a bug related to updates. Thanks for bringing it up, and I will fix it in the next release.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I will actually also look to see that if someone tries to download a file that has not yet been populated, it will do it on the fly as a backup process.

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Hi!

Thank you for your response! It is good to know that watermark issue will be fixed next release.

Increasing PHP Memory for WordPress didn’t help for the error message problem as I first thought. I actually have the processor running once minute and it is working because images that I add are processed. This is how I usually do:
    1. I add a image via SFTP to ss_media/new folder.
    2. I wait a moment for image to be processed.
    3. After that the image is added to Symbiostock > Media as draft post
    4. I add title, description and tags
    5. I press publish button
    6. I get those error messages every time
    So I am doing something wrong or is this problem on my server or the plugin?

Best regards
    Henri

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Henri,

Thanks for clarifying – I thought you were getting this error when you try to download files. Upon further research this is a bug caused by the new version of WooCommerce. It won’t break your install (all the downloadable files will work once the processor does its thing) but I am going to be fixing this along with the watermark issue and try to get a release out today.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

1.2.6 has been released and should address both these issues – I really appreciate you posting the error here Henri – it’s with user feedback like yours that we’re going to be able to really keep Symbiostock growing.

Thanks, and let me know if any issues persist.

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Dear Robin,

Thank you very much! Now I don’t get those error messages anymore. However, my watermark was deleted again. Or is the watermark update effective next time when I update the plugin?

Best regards
    Henri

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Henri,

You are correct – it is still deleting it. The way WordPress applies updates is more strict than I thought, so I will implement the fix another way. Thanks again.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So the watermark location will be completely moved now. Due to the way WordPress applies updates through the interface, you will probably have to reset your watermark one last time after this update, but never again. This is basically because the watermark was stored within the plugin directory, and when applying the update through WordPress, it deletes all the old content then applies the new content.

So 1.2.7 should now (hopefully) rectify that issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.