Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Wood
    Andrew Wood
    Participant

Hi,

I have a warning saying Imagick is disabled, yet I installed a plugin for wordpress that checks for and utilises this php extension on the same wordpress installation and it says imagick is loaded and functioning?

Any ideas?

Cheers, Andrew

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Andrew,

Symbiostock uses this function to check:

extension_loaded(‘imagick’)

Which appears to be the consensus way to check. If you find a better way, or a more robust way, let me know. I looked into this before and this appeared to be the most effective way.

It is also possible the other plugin is checking to see if command line Image Magick is installed – this is different than what Symbiostock uses. Symbiostock requires Image Magick and PHP Imagick.

Andrew Wood
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Thanks for that.

Understood re the cancel message, but does this mean it isn’t using the imagick function still though?

The other plugin has the choice to use either command line or ordinary imagick, so pretty sure it is installed and active on the server.

Thanks, Andrew

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Do one thing – disable Symbiostock and see if the other plugin still thinks Imagick is installed.

Symbiostock has a special addition that tricks the system into thinking the Imagick class exists if Imagick isn’t installed. If your second plugin uses the existence of the Imagick class as a means of determining if Imagick is installed, then it will think it is installed because of Symbiostock.

If it still thinks Imagick is installed, and it is indeed installed, then it has some other way of checking that is superior to Symbiostock, which is what I originally mentioned – I can implement a better way if you can find one.

Andrew Wood
    Participant

Hi,

No you’re Right when I disable symbiostock, the other plugin says the module is not found.

I’m sure it was working before though, this is weird.

Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Relying on the existence of the Imagick class is not a very thorough way of checking if Imagick exists which is why Symbiostock goes directly into a core function. All in all though, it appears PHP Imagick is not setup on your system.

Andrew Wood
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks again for the follow up.

i had an email back from Justhost, telling me they had enabled it for me! –

best regards, Andrew

Andrew Wood
    Participant

Hmm, it is definitely installed now , you can see here http://www.solosails.com/phpinfo.php , but Symbiostock still saying its not enabled?

I have saved settings, disabled and re enabled the plugin, but no good?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Not able to see that link, but if you want, PM me your login info and I can try to take a look.

Andrew Wood
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Strange, I can visit the link no problem. However, I realised afterwards that the website that I am having the issue is on a sub-domain of the main domain listed above – this could be the issue?

Cheers, Andrew

PS this is the text from the PHP info …

imagick moduleenabledimagick module version3.1.2imagick classesImagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel, ImagickPixelIteratorImageMagick versionImageMagick 6.7.9-10 2012-10-05 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.orgImageMagick copyrightCopyright (C) 1999-2012 ImageMagick Studio LLCImageMagick release date2012-10-05ImageMagick number of supported formats:210ImageMagick supported formats3FR, A, AAI, AI, ART, ARW, AVI, AVS, B, BGR, BGRA, BMP, BMP2, BMP3, BRF, C, CAL, CALS, CANVAS, CAPTION, CIN, CIP, CLIP, CMYK, CMYKA, CR2, CRW, CUR, CUT, DCM, DCR, DCX, DDS, DFONT, DJVU, DNG, DOT, DPX, EPDF, EPI, EPS, EPS2, EPS3, EPSF, EPSI, EPT, EPT2, EPT3, ERF, FAX, FITS, FRACTAL, FTS, G, G3, GIF, GIF87, GRADIENT, GRAY, GROUP4, HALD, HDR, HISTOGRAM, HRZ, HTM, HTML, ICB, ICO, ICON, INFO, INLINE, IPL, ISOBRL, J2C, J2K, JNG, JNX, JP2, JPC, JPEG, JPG, JPX, K, K25, KDC, LABEL, M, M2V, M4V, MAC, MAP, MAT, MATTE, MEF, MIFF, MNG, MONO, MOV, MP4, MPC, MPEG, MPG, MRW, MSL, MSVG, MTV, MVG, NEF, NRW, NULL, O, ORF, OTB, OTF, PAL, PALM, PAM, PANGO, PATTERN, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PCL, PCT, PCX, PDB, PDF, PDFA, PEF, PES, PFA, PFB, PFM, PGM, PGX, PICON, PICT, PIX, PJPEG, PLASMA, PNG, PNG24, PNG32, PNG8, PNM, PPM, PREVIEW, PS, PS2, PS3, PSB, PSD, PTIF, PWP, R, RADIAL-GRADIENT, RAF, RAS, RGB, RGBA, RGBO, RLA, RLE, SCR, SCT, SFW, SGI, SHTML, SR2, SRF, STEGANO, SUN, SVG, SVGZ, TEXT, TGA, THUMBNAIL, TIFF, TIFF64, TILE, TIM, TTC, TTF, TXT, UBRL, UIL, UYVY, VDA, VICAR, VID, VIFF, VST, WBMP, WMF, WMV, WMZ, WPG, X, X3F, XBM, XC, XCF, XPM, XPS, XV, XWD, Y, YCbCr, YCbCrA, YUV

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Andrew,

Send me a PM with your login info and I’ll take a look.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.