Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

hi,

i’m new on using symbiostock. when i upload images, in browser or by ftp, it’s never processed automatically. i force it, and it works, but media is always in draft mode. i can’t manually change all the media…

thank you for help

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I believe what George wrote is not quite correct. Just activate the “Auto-publish Products” option in the settings and you’re good to go.

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

thanks for your answers.

Auto-publish Products is already checked, but products are in “draft” status, I have to publish manually…</span>

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

thank you guys.

I can run the process manually after uploading 200 photos by ftp.

but having to publish each product manually is really not possible…

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

documentation says : “Images that contain meta tags / meta descriptions but no meta titles will not be auto-published.”

what does “meta-title” mean please?

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

I have tested with only one image, but no success. thanks

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

did it, image processed but product still created with status = draft…

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

Hi,

yes, full size license is set as default.

Another point : I’ve run test wizard. result is ok for “read metadata”, but can’t write metadata. don’t know if it can be a problem.

thanks

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Oh of course, auto-publish only works when you have the cron job running in the background.
    Make sure your images have an IPTC title, caption, and keywords when you upload them. I think Lightroom is very useful for the image management. With Lightroom’s FTP plugin, you can export all of your images from there.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

In order to auto publish Symbiostock needs at least a title – otherwise it doesn’t know what to name your new product. That’s what a meta title is. As Andre pointed out, this must be filled into the image’s metadata before being uploaded.

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

thank you guys for answering.

My products do have a title, so i don’t think this is the problem.

they are just always in “draft” status. I always run the process manually, not by cron.

lightroom is a good idea, but i can’t ask client to buy photoshop.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Send me your login info via PM and I’ll take a look

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I just uploaded a file with a meta title, description and keywords and it auto-published upon processing. So it must be that your media files do not have meta titles embedded before uploading. I also see that the file names are showing up as the titles for your products which further indicates that this is the case.

Profile photo of dajeux
    dajeux
    Participant

ok, i’ve tested with the file test.jpg included in symbiostock plugin, and it works.

it was a title problem, so i’ll try to adapt the code, so it will work with images without a title.

thanks a lot

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I’ll add an option in the next release that allows you to auto publish without a title.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.