Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

The reader menu settings in the WP menu are not taking effect. I have 10 blog posts, and when setting the reader menu to show only 5 and summaries only, it doesnt work here http://semmickphoto.com/blog/ That that will become (or is) a mess.

Dan has the same issue and it seems to be a known issue. Is this problem SY related or WP?

Is this fixable, or going to be fixed if this is SY related?

Thank you

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I have the same issue.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@quailrunphotos wrote:

I have the same issue.

Ok, so we do have a general issue here I believe and not specific to a few sites.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This is a CORE issue which goes back to day one. Its permanently over-ridden. It runs deep – not even worth explaining!

Basically its necessary to “lock” that for consistent network results. Unfortunately it applies to the blog too. I spent a month on this issue alone.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@leo wrote:

This is a CORE issue which goes back to day one. Its permanently over-ridden. It runs deep – not even worth explaining!

Basically its necessary to “lock” that for consistent network results. Unfortunately it applies to the blog too. I spent a month on this issue alone.

So basically, we cant have a blog on our site if we dont want 50 or whatever many posts to show up on one page?

Thats a little set back. Are there any workarounds?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

You could set up a subdomain and put blogs there?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@christine wrote:

You could set up a subdomain and put blogs there?

I was thinking about that, but that would cause me to lose all blog updates on my main site. Unless that can be linked/integrated?

Plus, it wouldnt look the same, people would have to leave my shop.

I wish this wasnt an issue, as a blog is important for SEO and I really would want it to work together in one site.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Its on the to-do list. Its just one of the bigger puzzles there are in the project. Once I get the important stuff completley caught up I may be able to give attn to that.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Its on the to-do list. Its just one of the bigger puzzles there are in the project. Once I get the important stuff completley caught up I may be able to give attn to that.

Thats all I wanted to hear 🙂 thank you Leo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.