Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Can anyone elaborate on the best settings under Wordfences Options? I haven’t been running it until now and would like to have it set up optimally.

Thanks

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I don’t use it either – perhaps in addition to suggestions for settings, could someone explain why this became a requirement with 2.9.4 – what problem is it solving for our sites?

It seems as if my site is running fine without it, but there must have been a good reason for including it… 🙂

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I do not think it was actually a requirement, just a recommendation. Leo asked us which plug-ins we used the most as I gather he wanted to make things as easy as possible for new members

I had something come up early on (with spammers if I remember correctly and wanted to ban one) and also wanted to have some degree of security, then found it was great for seeing who visited and where they went and started recommending it to others.

Be very careful about adjusting the settings as it can be easy to lock yourself out of your site (then the easiest way back in is to delete Wordfence from ftp or cPanel)

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

word fence is a security measure and has nothing to do with the version of symbiostock. It includes a firewall as well as security checks daily.

It will be a good thing. Just wondering which settings people are using to make it function the best.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.