Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

I’ve moved them around, taken them off, put them back on, I can’t for the life of me figure out why widgets aren’t showing up 🙁

1dollarimages.com if you care to peek.

Profile photo of PhilD
    PhilD
    Participant

If you have any caching plug-ins try deactivating them and see if that helps.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Can you provide some details on your installation:

WordPress version, Symbiostock version, theme – CleanTheme, or your own edits in the provided Child theme – which page template you’re using and so on.

I see a slider on the home page – is that what you don’t see? Can you say which widgets you’re trying – Latest Images, for example, or Latest Images slider?

If you use the Text widget and put some phrase in there, can you get that to show up? I notice you don’t have any images in the Featured Images category, so that won’t show any results.

Also, you want to look at your default prices before you upload more, you have $1.00 and then 0.02, 0.04, 0.08 and 0.10. I don’t think you meant those to get cheaper as they get larger 🙂

@dp69_2001 wrote:

I’ve moved them around, taken them off, put them back on, I can’t for the life of me figure out why widgets aren’t showing up 🙁

1dollarimages.com if you care to peek.

I got the same problem

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Can you both post versions of everything you are using and list of plug-ins to see if there is something you have in common that others of us do not?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of MinkyMooMedia
    MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

I had the exact same problem and it took me ages to work out why, I have a simple text widget that shows text on the homepage and for some reason the text disappeared, so after lots of going back over stuff I had done I found that if the box ‘Replace Front Page template’ is unticked in the SyXtra plugin it removes any widgets that I placed on the homepage, might be worth checking that to see if it solves it.

dp69_2001
    Participant

Um … WordPress 3.6.1, Symbio 2.6.5 simple child theme with 1 change to header and

#comments { display: none;}
    h1.entry-title { display: none; }
    h1.results_for { font-size: 1em;
    text-align:left;}
    dp69_2001
    Participant

And thanks for that pricing issue, I noticed that just a little while ago. It seems that if you simply put 10 not 10.00 it thinks it’s 10 cents. They should be fixed now. 🙂

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Which widgets don’t show on what page exactly?

dp69_2001
    Participant

On the home page, I can’t get any widgets to show up.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Sorry if this seems to be pestering, but you haven’t said what page template you’re using and which sidebars or content areas you’re trying to use.

You’ll need to be specific about exactly what you’re trying. Can you get text to show up on the front page if you enter some?

I’m using CleanTheme, so my display won’t be quite the same as yours, but look at a portion of my widgets page and see the areas on the right with the various widgets in them. Do you have something that looks like this?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12956972/Screen%20Shot%202013-09-20%20at%205.21.21%20PM.png

And if you do, which widgets are you putting in which areas

dp69_2001
    Participant

You’re not pestering at all, I just want categories to show up and a slider. I used shortcode for the slider for lack of the widget.

The home page, where I want it to show up, is using the Home Page Template. Currently, I’ve got Latest Images assigned to Home Page (Above Content), Not showing. Categories in Home Page (Beside Content), Not showing. Categories (Below Content), Not showing. Well, you get the picture, they aren’t showing 😉

I’m sure I made a stupid mistake somewhere. So far it seems awesome and I’m really excited about it.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

If you would like to make me an admin on your site for a short while and site-email me the details I will take a look for you to see if I can spot anything obvious – just set up a new user with admin access

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of PictureMojo
    PictureMojo
    Participant

@dp69_2001 wrote:

You’re not pestering at all, I just want categories to show up and a slider. I used shortcode for the slider for lack of the widget.

The home page, where I want it to show up, is using the Home Page Template. Currently, I’ve got Latest Images assigned to Home Page (Above Content), Not showing. Categories in Home Page (Beside Content), Not showing. Categories (Below Content), Not showing. Well, you get the picture, they aren’t showing 😉

I’m sure I made a stupid mistake somewhere. So far it seems awesome and I’m really excited about it.

Oddly enough, these widgets don’t seem to work on the Home Page template. Try Home Page Simple or Home Page CTAs.

dp69_2001
    Participant

Huh, Wull thanks PictureMojo … That was odd, I didn’t realize that it was the WordPress Categories and not SS. Is there a simple way to get image categories on the page next to my slider? The way that Leo does with the top image categories would be fine or something, I just want to add some browseability.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.