Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I knew all of this already, but it was good to test and be reminded.

1. Try different images. Some of my images pulled in tons of likes, others got no attention at all. And the successful ones were not necessarily the best-selling images in my portfolio.

2. “Fair trade” art/photography is a powerful message. Combined with a winning visual, this message got the most likes.

3. Call to action (CTA) is very important. I first ran ads without any CTA, and the ads were liked…but not my page. Once I added “like my page for updates and offers,” the page got more likes, and I got registrations on my site.

4. Newsfeed is much more powerful than sidebar ads. I personally get annoyed by all the advertising in my newsfeed, so I was hesitant to go that direction. But newsfeed ads got much more attention than the ads I ran on the side of the page.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Nice that you made the research effort. I really need to do more with FB!

Do you have paid ads running on FB?
    What are newsfeeds on FB?

Sorry for the FB noob questions.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

@jan wrote:

Nice that you made the research effort. I really need to do more with FB!

Do you have paid ads running on FB?

Yes, paid ads, though I got $50 in free Facebook ads by hosting with Bluehost.

@jan wrote:

Posts by your friends that appear down the middle of your Facebook page.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ve tried those before without success. I’d love to know if anything has changed.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I think Facebook ads are a well propagated myth. It sold shares in the company but I don’t think anyone looks at them. Why do you think Facebook is now forcing them into your newsfeed and under your nose?

People have also started to block Facebook ads. Pretty soon that industry is going to collapse in on itself due to greed.

Jo

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I have to agree with Jo although I must admit that some ads, like for apps when I check FB on my iPad, do work with me.
    I have good success with content on my business pages on FB in general but never received any countable responses from paid ads.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

It’s a great pity though. It would have had great potential to reach so many people if greed hadn’t kicked in. The original ads weren’t bad and some were even interesting. Now even if you click NEVER show this company again the ads still come up.

Jo

Profile photo of PhilD
    PhilD
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

@jan wrote:

Posts by your friends that appear down the middle of your Facebook page.

The unwanted ads and other junk that must be coming from newsfeed in the middle of my Facebook page are resulting in me seriously considering deleting my Facebook account. It’s been ruined by all the junk. I bet many others feel the same.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

This is why I say that it is just waiting for it to collapse in on itself. I actually used to read down my newsfeed. Now I just get my friends news via email. I go direct to reply and bypass a lot of Facebook. I even have some bookmarks directly to sections on my profile I use regularly instead of the clumsy way of getting places.

The CEOs are still selling the millions of users to advertisers and stock buyers. What they DON’T tell everyone about is the Facebook user numbers are now passive instead of actively engaging. I have Facebook open all day but I seldom look at it much at all. THESE are the numbers that they are selling to prospective investors. It’s only a matter of time…

Jo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.