Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

We got SemmickPhoto back!

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31

After the migration he couldn’t log in.

It turns out his name had a space in it — whereas the new system only recognized alphanumeric letters.

SemmickPhoto became an impossibility. The forum was saying “You have a space in your name! Impossible! No login for you!”

I tried to fix the problem by simply deleting his account and creating a new one. Whups…500+ posts (with backlinksto his site) gone. Ouch.

Long story short, after doing a “mock conversion” like the first one, we managed to get his name and posts back…in a parallel database. Then it was possible to migrate him over again.

Anyway, he’s back now! Sorry for the trouble Ron!

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Good job Leo! Glad to hear you were able to retrieve the history for Ron’s posts.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Ron, we’ve missed you – come on back 🙂

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Are you sure it was a space sign in Ron’s username? – I have a space in it, too. Everything seems (?) to be fine. Should I be worried, now? 😕

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@Imago Borealis wrote:

Are you sure it was a space sign in Ron’s username? – I have a space in it, too. Everything seems (?) to be fine. Should I be worried, now? 😕

That is wierd. Did you sign up to this version with a space in your name? I’m amazed if so.

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

No, I think my account got transferred from the old forum. Only thing I noticed was that I lost my avatar in the transfer.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Thank you so much Leo for checking into this.

I am not 100% sure if it is related, but my site fell from 500K rank to 833K rank and it looks like it was related to when my comments and threads were deleted from this forum. When Leo restored my account, I jumped 33K places back to 800K. Hoping I will get a better placement again over the next few days.

Anyway, massive thank you again for looking into this.

Jo Ann, thank you for the kind words.

I have missed the last 3 months so I need to get back up to speed.

Have a good weekend all, I am off to Holland for a short trip.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Have fun!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.