Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Last month I suddenly started seeing an increase in “Not Found” errors on Google’s Webmaster Tools site. After months of zero, one or two, it suddenly spiked in the third month of January, dropped again to almost nothing but it’s rapidly headed upward again.

Most of them are a variation on this: datasheet/file-1334-metadata-sheet/

I thought those were remnants of something in an older version of Symbiostock. Is this something I should be concerned about and is it something I can or should fix? I noticed my Alexa rating is getting worse too despite having some higher than usual view stats over the past week. I’m wondering if the Not Found errors are related to that Alexa change.

Any thoughts from the SEO experts here? I’d sure appreciate your input.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

google doesn’t revisit your entire site, so it can take awhile for all old pages to be re-visited — I get 10-30 of these a week based on duplicate images I had uploaded, then later deleted.

I doubt any of that is reflected by alexa — it’s anotherstat that should be looked at relatively rather than as an exact measure of your site. my site’s varied from 1,750,000 to 1,150,000 over the last six months after starting with 3,720,000; and my place among all sym sites has remained about the same meaning those have been wobbling also

I’ve seen similar results for my cascoly.com site, wandering between 600,000 and 330,000 over the same period

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Thanks Steve – it’s reassuring to know that I didn’t muck something up and that things appear relatively normal.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@klsbear wrote:

Thanks Steve – it’s reassuring to know that I didn’t muck something up and that things appear relatively normal.

I often have the same initial reaction — something’s changed so it must be something I did! but a later, less subjective look usually reveals it’s yet another coincidence and effect of the internet tubes working in their mysterious ways

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.