Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

We’ve been traveling in Utah & the Grand Canyon over the last month, and the biggest hurdle is working through the thousands of images that fall in front of my camera – only India and Antarctica have been so target rich!

This was an exploratory trip for us, mixing hiking days with lots of driving, but we’ll definitely be back

16327-collared-lizard.jpg

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

The lizard! I knew you could find one!!! It looks like a close relative of the Anoles we have here. What kind is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dactyloidae

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

The lizard! I knew you could find one!!! It looks like a close relative of the Anoles we have here. What kind is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dactyloidae

It’s a Desert Collared Lizard. I’ve “shot” ’em too!

marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

We’ve been traveling in Utah & the Grand Canyon over the last month, and the biggest hurdle is working through the thousands of images that fall in front of my camera – only India and Antarctica have been so target rich!

This was an exploratory trip for us, mixing hiking days with lots of driving, but we’ll definitely be back.

I was in Utah this past month too. Bet our paths crossed without knowing it. Maybe you were that guy with the tripod I saw in a field one beautiful evening in Arches National Park?!

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@marthamarks wrote:

@cascoly wrote:

This was an exploratory trip for us, mixing hiking days with lots of driving, but we’ll definitely be back.

I was in Utah this past month too. Bet our paths crossed without knowing it. Maybe you were that guy with the tripod I saw in a field one beautiful evening in Arches National Park?!

didnt make arches – had thought about hitting it on the way home, but now it’s closed

we started at capitol reef on the 20th, then moved thru Bryce to st George; spent 27-30 at N & S rims of grand canyon and resting today at pinetop

what was your route?

steve

marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

@marthamarks wrote:

@cascoly wrote:

didnt make arches – had thought about hitting it on the way home, but now it’s closed

we started at capitol reef on the 20th, then moved thru Bryce to st George; spent 27-30 at N & S rims of grand canyon and resting today at pinetop

what was your route?

steve

We came down from Idaho 2 weeks ago, through Flaming Gorge and the Uintas (NE) to the Wasatch Range and Antelope Island around Salt Lake City, and on to Moab this past week. But we left for home yesterday after it was certain the parks were going to close. Just arrived in Santa Fe about 2 hours ago.

However, we’ve spent many weeks in southern Utah, so it’s not terrible for us not to get back to those other parks. Sorry you got shut out of Arches and Canyonlands. Both are spectacular.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

not a big loss for us as we were only going to make a quick look at arches — our next visit will include those, and santa fe taos area

steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.