Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’m also having the same issue, although not on all files. Some files upload and process just fine, but those that don’t… just DO NOT.

My file names that aren’t going are: flower-tiles.eps, flower-tiles.jpg and crowned-heart-tile-background.jpg

Now, in the same batch I uploaded mayan-god-left.jpg, mayan-god.jpg, mayan-god-right.jpg…etc.

So, I’d like to say we can rule out the – as being the problem. All file names are lowercase.

Symbio 2.8.9
    Pro 1.2.3
    Imagemagick
    PHP 5.4 (single)
    WP 3.6.1

Anything else you need to know?

Cyberduck is glitchy for me on FTP so I’ve been tending towards just using screen uploaders (since I generally upload small batches anyhow).

What folder do I need to upload into, if I’m doing FTP (or worst case scenario File Manager on CP)?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Just as a random test can you rename them to something like test.jpg and test.eps and see if that changes anything?

I haven’t changed the uploader, yet people randomly report issues. Its an odd situation and doesn’t give me much to work with.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Renamed them test.eps and test.jpg and received the same error. I don’t usually look at file sizes but the eps is 5MB and the jpg is 10MB (I regularly upload larger files) could that be somehow triggering it? I didn’t try the background file and cannot figure out for the life of me why that one would error.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Its quite likely the filesize is the error.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If you downsize those files and try you’ll know for sure.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I had a small image yesterday of 1.8 mb fail.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I routinely upload much larger files than 10MB, I have 30+MB files that uploaded with no issues. Vectors are often smaller than their corresponding jpg…so…

What folder do I FTP into? I’m not terribly keen to downsize my files.

Profile photo of HodagMedia
    HodagMedia
    Participant

Probably not the same error but I just installed the latest version and child theme and I’m trying to upload my first image. It said (first try) IO Error 2038. Second try I got a green check mark. Both times I went to process and just saw icons and no image that I uploaded.

It’s vanished?

fire-pit-brush-2013.jpg (everything lower case which is what I do for all files)

Is there some simple issue that I’m missing because I’m new. This is a straight jpg, not a vector upload like Ron’s problem.

Is that what it’s supposed to look like?

ftp works fine. I did my first test file and it appeared perfectly.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@hodagmedia wrote:

Probably not the same error but I just installed the latest version and child theme and I’m trying to upload my first image. It said (first try) IO Error 2038. Second try I got a green check mark. Both times I went to process and just saw icons and no image that I uploaded.

It’s vanished?

fire-pit-brush-2013.jpg (everything lower case which is what I do for all files)

Is there some simple issue that I’m missing because I’m new. This is a straight jpg, not a vector upload like Ron’s problem.

Is that what it’s supposed to look like?

ftp works fine. I did my first test file and it appeared perfectly.

have you looked in ‘all images’? that’s where it should appear after processing

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

i’m getting those same process problems with eps/jpg pairs — they’re 2-6Mb each. using ftp, since the online uploader is gone with wp 3.7.1

has been there from 2.8.7 onward

from process images I can process ONE pair at a time

but whenever I try more, or choose all, it fails – I get ‘Process Images’ on the screen and nothing happens

eventually, when I go to ‘all images’ it’s sorta processed one image — but there’s no preview, and no image appears when I try to edit

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I had this happen to me recently. The image file really never got processed and then it was removed from the ftp area so I had to upload it again. I don’t know of any other way to do it but to re-upload. I also try to upload in smallish batches to avoid congestion or it bombing out. I try to upload no more than 10-20 images at once. It’s easier to see if any got lost.

On a last thought, no offence meant, did you go to your Images > Drafts? If you have the “Process to Drafts” option as your screen shot shows then they get processed and put under the Drafts section till you edit them and “Publish”.

Hope this helps.

Jo

Profile photo of HodagMedia
    HodagMedia
    Participant

Same as the unable to edit Medium Price, day and a half later, I uploaded, the new image shows fine. I edit and there it is. Also picked up the default settings now, (no vectors, no zip price showing) So I’ll assume it just needed to load and get comfortable at it’s website home or something. 😉

Yes ftp worked fine and images showed, now they appear the same from the SYS software upload. If you were asking me, if I looked in the right place or clicked All Images.

Now I need to figure out how to edit the front page. I can do HTML but no clue about wordpress. I’m going for that fixed page look and I wanted the image gallery to be on the first page.

This is a test site so I can get through mistakes and error, before I add a more serious image website. When I get to the office I’m going to work on PayPal setup.

Here’s a question. Say I get the site all working the way I want. And I start a second Symbiostock site. Can I copy the files over there and be almost up and running, except some name and association changes, or do I have to go through the entire process of installing, adding, and updating on that site?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.