Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I managed to upgrade to 3.0.0 with WP 3.8.

Naturally with the upgrade there are those notifications on top of the control panel pages such as:

1. This theme requires the following plugin: Category Meta.

I know I can just hit the link “Begin installing plugins” below but I’d like to know what it exactly is and where it’s coming from? Any information or links would be greatly appreciated.

2. This theme recommends the following plugins: SYMBIOSTOCK – Cart Manager and SYMBIOSTOCK – Image Sitemap.

First: I already purchased the SYMBIOSTOCK – Image Sitemap and it is installed on my site. The link to it shows up in the ladybug menu. Why does it tell me that I need the plugin when it’s already installed and running?
    The name “SYMBIOSTOCK – Image Sitemap” is actually a link that leads me to the purchase page. Hoewever,

Second: SYMBIOSTOCK – Cart Manager is not a hyperlink, so I don’t know where to get it from. I thought it would be part of the Premium Plugin but I’m not sure. Any hints what this means are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Go to your plug-in page on WordPress and scroll down to see if they got deactivated during the upgrade. I think that was happening with the cart and and it needed deactivation after every theme upgrade.

@klsbear wrote:

Go to your plug-in page on WordPress and scroll down to see if they got deactivated during the upgrade. I think that was happening with the cart and and it needed deactivation after every theme upgrade.

Hi KLSbear, I tried deactivating and then activating the Sitemap plugin and it didn’t make a difference. The notification is still on the top of the page stating I should install it.

Like I mentioned before, the Sitemap plugin shows up in my ladybug menu and it appears that the plugin is creating 2 xml sitemaps so I assume it is working.

Just wondering if I can just ignore the notice on the top of the page…?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I ignore it as I do not use all the plug-ins it recommends

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

@christine wrote:

I ignore it as I do not use all the plug-ins it recommends

I will do so the same from now on 🙂

Happy New Year!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.