Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

If I go live with a basic watermark and later decide I want to do something else…I can reprocess the images to apply the new watermark to existing images, correct?

I would like to get things up and working with content up and then tweak things. I’m fairly certain I’ll eventually change the watermark but I’m trying to decide if I want a basic generic (unbranded) watermark or a branded one.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

If I go live with a basic watermark and later decide I want to do something else…I can reprocess the images to apply the new watermark to existing images, correct?

That is correct.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Just keep in mind that it might become a painful and time consuming task to re-process your images when you have a lot of them. Even with batch processing.
    Getting the watermark right and installing and properly using Yoast SEO from the beginning are the two things I would recommend to every starter.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

Just keep in mind that it might become a painful and time consuming task to re-process your images when you have a lot of them. Even with batch processing.
    Getting the watermark right and installing and properly using Yoast SEO from the beginning are the two things I would recommend to every starter.

Plus ensuring that Imagick is installed in preference to GD as well – I had to re-re-re-process all of mine because of this after I changed domains last week

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I know it might be a pain to re-process them later but since initially I’m only looking at 2-300 images and I suspect I’ll make some final decisions before I hit 1,000 files it shouldn’t be too awful…and if it is…the old files can have the old watermark for a time. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.