Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of apotterdd
    apotterdd
    Participant

I performed a site back up first and since this will basically be a new theme install I’m wondering how much this is going to mess up my site. Will I still have all of my custom menus and pages or will that all get wiped out? Will my images be safe? I think I need to have a different theme activated before I try to upload do I need to delete the already existing Symbiostock theme as well?

I’m not doing the update until tomorrow so any help would be appreciated.

Anita

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Your images would be safe. Your current site seems to be “basic” enough that you won’t loose/screw up much of it upgrading. However, the new theme has so many options (Dragonfly child theme) that you probably want spend a few hours exploring those :mrgreen: .

You’ll be surprised what a difference it’ll make.

All that said a site backup won’t hurt and knock on wood… 😀

apotterdd
    Participant

Hee hee. I won’t be able to get to it until tomorrow. I’m going to probably save off my menus and pages and stuff to a doc file just in case it overwrites all of that. At least I’m done with the 30 day novel writing challenge so I can completely focus on this.

If I have any issues I’ll search the board if I can’t find the answer I’ll post back here.

Thanks 🙂

apotterdd
    Participant

I updated it then reactivated my child theme but it’s not reading my child theme CSS file. It looks like crap in IE but looks fine in Firefox so not sure what the issue is any insight would be great.

Working on getting my footer back then exploring the image slideshow thingy after I get all of the other kinks worked out.

Other than the CSS issue all is going well.

apotterdd
    Participant

I got the dragonfly theme and something appears to be off. The home page bottom 1, 2, 3 widget placement isn’t in the same place as before. I want that above where I have the featured and latest images widgets. Is that controlled with the core code or can I overwrite that somewhere with a child type file?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.