Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Leo for continually ironing out all the bugs with Twitter. It sounded like an absolute nightmare of a thing to work with, but for days and days now my site has been consistently pumping out tweets right on time.

So (for me at least) its working beautifully Leo, well done!

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Sounds great … could you just give a short description how you have set it up?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thanks THP (and if I never publically apologized then I should do it now…)

Twitter is going to be a *big* part of Symbiostock, so get used to it!

This version is fairly ironed out…simply authenticate yourself in the twitter screen, then set up your daily twitter queue (or just tweet images one by one)

Be sure to choose in the main twitter screen which type of post you wish to make: preview, minipic, or link.

Twitter has some amazing advantages beyond being cute and saying what you had for breakfast. You just have to know how to “work it”.

For now we’re just tossing in our little in is good, but eventually Symbiostock will really be rocking twitter with a few more implementations on the way.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Thanks THP (and if I never publically apologized then I should do it now…)

Twitter is going to be a *big* part of Symbiostock, so get used to it!

This version is fairly ironed out…simply authenticate yourself in the twitter screen, then set up your daily twitter queue (or just tweet images one by one)

Be sure to choose in the main twitter screen which type of post you wish to make: preview, minipic, or link.

Twitter has some amazing advantages beyond being cute and saying what you had for breakfast. You just have to know how to “work it”.

For now we’re just tossing in our little in is good, but eventually Symbiostock will really be rocking twitter with a few more implementations on the way.

Yep, that was the process basically. Just add some pics in the batch editor. On someone else’s advice in the forums I also re-authenticated, even though it said I already was (with twitter that is), just in case. Hope it works for you 🙂

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Thanks Leo and Tim … it was really easy to set it up, and it seems to work perfectly 🙂

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

Is this feature part of premium plugin ?

Profile photo of pling
    pling
    Participant

Thanks Leo, very useful and easy to set up.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@simi wrote:

Is this feature part of premium plugin ?

Yes, it is part of the premium plugin

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

It works great for me. But I discovered one bug. The last word of the tweet text is always replaced by a long hyphen.
    Workaround: just ad an arbitrary word to your tweet text 🙂

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I can see where the Twitter section is, and have authenticated.

Would someone mind explaining how you use it in practice? When you upload some new images, do you then select some of them in the batch editor and create a daily tweet, or do you tweet each time you publish them.

Just trying to understand how best to use this feature.

Thanks

steve

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I fill the twitter queue once a week and be done with it. But you can also manually tweet individual image pages.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

No matter when you do it … just select some images in batch editor, go to twitter tab there, add some comma seperated hashtags (without “#”) and add the images to the queue (“save changes to selected images”). After you’ve done that you can add some text (in the field “tweet”) and change the order of images (by using the green arrows). Than just press “save order” and you are done.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.